Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
I dont know what to do!?!? - HSN forum

I dont know what to do!?!?

7 replies to this topic

#1 titan

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:44 PM

I am doing higher physics this year having missed out a year (now in 6th year),And ive not taken maths

any further than standard grade. Im not very good at maths, but i get by, however the first section on

dynamics and kinematics im soo rubbish at! i scored 11% in my test but i have a tutor who says i will be

able to do almost the rest of the course without to much hassle, however my teacher is saying to me that i

shud consider dropping out. which is fair enough but i really like physics and i think that its difficult and all

but,,,... AARGGGGGGGhhhhh, i just dont know what to do, someone help me, any stories of students

being terrible at first and then passing!!?!?!??? oh please help, someone
TITAN unsure.gif

TITAN :D

#2 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

I think that you'll have to severly up the work ethic. If you keep on top of your revision you should pass. As for the maths, theres really not too much in the higher that you wouldnt already know. A tutor is probably a good idea.
Id stick at it but if you think you could do better by doing Int 2 then it might be an option to consider. You'll have to have a think about it.

#3 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

I was terrible at first, but as long as you keep up the hard work you will pass I did, quite well infact, i got a B for the 2005 exam.

The only maths from my experiance that you need to know is all from SG.

As long as you know the Cosine, and Sine rules.

Changing the subject of the forula.

And how to solve quadratics you shall be fine with the maths.

Oh and pythagoras' theorem.

The first unit is normally where people find it the most difficult, but they really improve on it and in all other units really quickly afterwards.

#4 titan

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:36 PM

I would just like to thank the both of you for your time to explain to me and the extra confidence you have

given me. TITAN
biggrin.gif

#5 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping &lt;3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:00 PM

I done Higher Physics last year and it was always a subject i enjoyed even though it was pretty hard.
I was ok at unit 1 and 2, but I failed my unit 3 nab and I was gutted, my teacher was distraught, and was pretty harsh on me. I then went on to get an A in my higher, so with the right amount of studying I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine !!!!!!!
Good Luck biggrin.gif
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#6 titan

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

[size=2]cheers very much, wow these stories are all very confidence boosting! i will keep on studying and im gonna

put everything into it, i just need to put my nose in the books, cheers again evryone.

TITAN[/size]
thumbsup.gif

#7 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Remember if you need a hand then you can always post questions on this forum and someone will help out smile.gif

#8 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:22 AM

And if you have Scholar, i found that relatively good for Higher Physics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users