Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Difficulty of Higher Modern Studies??? - HSN forum

Difficulty of Higher Modern Studies???

4 replies to this topic

#1 natalie1062

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:11 PM

Hi just wondered if anyone who has already studied for higher modern studies can give me their opinion as to how difficult it is ie, is there a lot of studying required? Also if you know of any course notes that are available because I haven't came across any.
Any advice welcome

#2 NYPD

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE(natalie1062 @ Aug 20 2004, 10:11 PM)
Hi just wondered if anyone who has already studied for higher modern studies can give me their opinion as to how difficult it is ie, is there a lot of studying required?  Also if you know of any course notes that are available because I haven't came across any.
Any advice welcome

View Post

I got an A band 1 in Modern Studies and feel that to attain that sort of grade you do need to apply yourself as there is so little time in the exam to think, thus, the information has to be almost second nature. I'd advise reading up your notes as much as possible and practicing timed essays on a regular basis. As regards to course notes available, there is "Revision Notes for Higher Modern Studies" 2004 by Phil Harding - P&N Publications.

Hope that helps.

#3 natalie1062

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:22 PM

ok thanks a lot, im generally not bad at memorising notes so hopefully i'll be ok!

#4 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:14 PM

i dropped modern studies today so i can get work experience in teh local primary school. TBH i absolutely hated it - jsut not what i expected. i found it dull and boring.I realise i didn't give it much of a go..but in the end up the work experience should prove more valuable for me!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#5 kitty

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:46 PM

well i personally liked modern studies even better when i got an A

it is a hard subject but if you work hard throughout the year you save yourself loads of work in the end

i think that for each topic there is only certain things they can ask
e.g. for and against the private health sector or social, economic and political ineqalities faced by ethnic minorities. and they can be worded in many different ways but after doing most of the course you will see the patterns that show up.

but really dont expect to be doing really well in the begining it takes practise and use the notes on here if its the right topics and try out bitesize i found that helped to add to my notes that i made however dont only use these notes only to add to what you have.
also rememeber examples that are likely to fit into different situations

and good luck just remember that progress can be made, i only just passed my prelim and ended up with a band 1 the same happened with my friend!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users