Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2 questions about logs - HSN forum

2 questions about logs

2 replies to this topic

#1 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:25 PM

3logax-logax-logaz
=logax3-logax-logaz
=loga(x3/y/z)

where do I go from there?

is it

=loga(x3z/y) or not?

log2(x+1) - log2x = 3

how do you do that one?

god...I hate maths!! lol

#2 Steve

Top of the Class

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:38 PM

You're making the first one more complicated than it is tongue.gif.

I'm assuming you've just to simplify the expression. You've got 3\log_ax-\log_ax but this is just 2\log_ax. This should make it simpler.

For the second one, I assume you've to solve for x. You can combine the LHS into a single log term then put into exponential form using the rule x=a^y\iff y=\log_ax. I get \frac17, if you're interested.

I know you won't want to, because you'll feel like a school pupil again, but you could always have a look at the Higher Logarithms notes!
HSN contribute: Help the site grow!

Looking for a Maths tutor in West Lothian? Just PM me!

#3 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:40 PM

Thank you smile.gif

I know you won't want to, because you'll feel like a school pupil again, but you could always have a look at the Higher Logarithms notes!

lol...thanks tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users