Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Biology Unit 1 NAB - HSN forum

Biology Unit 1 NAB

5 replies to this topic

#1 clarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:27 AM

Hey guys, I have my Bio Unit 1 NAB this week, and I was wondering if you could give me any tips on what to revise/how much to revise etc.?

I seem to have an awful lot of notes blink.gif

Thanks smile.gif

#2 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:04 PM

take a look at the end of unit assesment on scholar

most of the things you need to know are in there wink.gif

#3 clarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:42 PM

Well i've basically been re-writing and condensing my Unit 1 notes today lol, it'll be useful for the future i'm sure......

Will take a look at that end of unit thing, thanks smile.gif

#4 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

UNit 1 was pretty scarey, lots of memorising. Try to memorise the cycles (but don't stress if you can't) and DNA replication/transcription. For the actual exam I found the course notes on the SQA site useful.

If theres an essay (already forgotten) try to preseude your teacher to tell you what area it's on and learn extra details for it, the other parts you just need basics.

#5 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

I don't think the NAB has an essay....but yeah, if you have an A/B test, try and get the teacher to tell you what the essay question is =)

#6 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

Hey! Best move is to remeber the resipration cycle and the molecules within it e.g. citric acid and that...
Some about pigments is also very useful e.g. xanthrophyl and so on...Your very likely to be asked a question to calculated the Rf value of one of them...very easy for you.
If you get stuck with anything in your revision, give me a shout smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users