Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
UKCAT results - HSN forum

UKCAT results

18 replies to this topic

#1 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping <3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

Hiya everyone
How did you all get on in your UKCAT ??
have you all got your marks back ??

I Got...

Verbal Reasoning: 610

Quantitative Reasoning:650

Abstract Reasoning:630

Decision Analysis: 620

So I *think* that's ok...it says the average for each section is 600

*~* Pam xxx *~*

*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#2 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

Well done. biggrin.gif

#3 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping <3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(Ally @ Sep 21 2006, 07:49 PM) View Post

Well done. biggrin.gif

Thankyou biggrin.gif
One of my friends got 770 in one of the sections !!! ohmy.gif how brainy is she !!!!!!! smile.gif
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#4 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:23 PM

I got:

Verbal Reasoning: 720

Quantitative Reasoning:620

Abstract Reasoning:610

Decision Analysis: 640

That gives me an overall average of 648, upper end of the average and higher than most people I know so Im pretty happy with it.

#5 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

Well done biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#6 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:21 AM

I guess I'll get mine when I go home today...biggest waste of 60 ever....I mean that's like 40 vodka and cokes in the GUU tongue.gif

#7 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Sep 22 2006, 10:21 AM) View Post

I guess I'll get mine when I go home today...biggest waste of 60 ever....I mean that's like 40 vodka and cokes in the GUU tongue.gif

not that you'd know. seeing as you're not old enough to be drinking those vodka & cokes tongue.gif

well done to the 2 of you with your results though!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#8 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Sep 22 2006, 06:22 PM) View Post

not that you'd know. seeing as you're not old enough to be drinking those vodka & cokes tongue.gif

of course not rolleyes.gif

well done to the 2 of you with your results though!

yeah...well done, guys smile.gif

#9 star1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:02 PM

whats ukcat? smile.gif

#10 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:15 PM

What's UKCAT stand for
United Kingdom Clinical Aptitude Test smile.gif

Who's it for
It's for anyone planning to study Medicine or Dentistry at a University that is part of the UKCAT consortium. In Scotland these are Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and St-Andrews. The UKCAT is being introduced this year, and anyone applying to Medicine in 2006 must sit this

Why
To give admissions tutors another way to narrow down the candidates they choose to interview...Fair? probably not

So what's the point
Basically, it's meant to show who would or wouldn't make a good medic/dentist. Unlike other admissions tests (such as the BMAT) the UKCAT tests reasoning skills rather than academic knowlege. Because of this, all candidates can be classed as equal.

Yeah, so that's probably well more than you wanted to know, but still, I'm bored and hungry and waiting for 5:30 to come sad.gif

#11 star1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Sep 25 2006, 05:15 PM) View Post

What's UKCAT stand for
United Kingdom Clinical Aptitude Test smile.gif

Who's it for
It's for anyone planning to study Medicine or Dentistry at a University that is part of the UKCAT consortium. In Scotland these are Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and St-Andrews. The UKCAT is being introduced this year, and anyone applying to Medicine in 2006 must sit this

Why
To give admissions tutors another way to narrow down the candidates they choose to interview...Fair? probably not

So what's the point
Basically, it's meant to show who would or wouldn't make a good medic/dentist. Unlike other admissions tests (such as the BMAT) the UKCAT tests reasoning skills rather than academic knowlege. Because of this, all candidates can be classed as equal.

Yeah, so that's probably well more than you wanted to know, but still, I'm bored and hungry and waiting for 5:30 to come sad.gif

hey nathan smile.gif
thanks 4 the reply. i had no idea what is was.
x
p.s u goin to do medicine/dentristy?

#12 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

I was planning on doing medicine, but didnt get the grades sad.gif

So i'm now at Uni doing chemistry and maths (well, starting tomorrow, at least) biggrin.gif

But I did sit the UKCAT, which is how I know about it....I dunno what I got yet though =$

#13 star1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Sep 25 2006, 10:26 PM) View Post

I was planning on doing medicine, but didnt get the grades sad.gif

So i'm now at Uni doing chemistry and maths (well, starting tomorrow, at least) biggrin.gif

But I did sit the UKCAT, which is how I know about it....I dunno what I got yet though =$

hiya smile.gif

i no what it feels like to not get the grades you want. sad.gif i wanted to do teaching. i was one grade out sad.gif
im at college now and its really good...going to reapply to teaching course in a few years when i have more qualifications.

have a great first day @ uni !!!!

im sure u will have done fine in ur UKCAT ...so dnt worry smile.gif

#14 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:26 AM

Thanks....Im not worried about the UKCAT....doesnt mean anything to me now! smile.gif

#15 star1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Sep 26 2006, 11:26 AM) View Post

Thanks....Im not worried about the UKCAT....doesnt mean anything to me now! smile.gif

so how woz uni? everythin u expected?
smile.gif

#16 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

yeah...twas alright...chemistry was a bit boring (he was only telling us how to take notes, when to come, etc)....and my maths lecturer is an absolute leg-end biggrin.gif

#17 star1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Sep 26 2006, 10:41 PM) View Post

yeah...twas alright...chemistry was a bit boring (he was only telling us how to take notes, when to come, etc)....and my maths lecturer is an absolute leg-end biggrin.gif

hello..smile.gif..howz u ?.......thats gd u enjoyed ur first day.........hope u enjoy ur course....u go 2 uni everyday?

#18 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(star1 @ Sep 27 2006, 02:42 AM) View Post

hello..smile.gif..howz u ?.......thats gd u enjoyed ur first day.........hope u enjoy ur course....u go 2 uni everyday?

aye, im alrght thanks smile.gif

and yeah, im in at uni every day...only for a few hours though biggrin.gif

#19 star1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Sep 27 2006, 12:01 PM) View Post

QUOTE(star1 @ Sep 27 2006, 02:42 AM) View Post

aye, im alrght thanks smile.gif

and yeah, im in at uni every day...only for a few hours though biggrin.gif

thats gd ur only there for a few hrs.
i go to college most days for a couple of hours and i get a day off during the weeks..so its gd.
smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users