Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Hi everybody! - HSN forum

Hi everybody!

21 replies to this topic

#1 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:06 PM

Hi everybody! {pauses for the "Hi Doctor Nick!"}
I'm new here and thought I would post just to say hi and alert you all to the presence of fresh blood on the forum.
I'm in S6 and studying AH Maths, Computing and Geography, plus Highers in Music, Drama and Modern Studies. Found the AH Computing Notes on here and decided to stick around.

#2 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:52 PM

Wow, that's a lot of work for 6th year. I'm impressed, you're brave! Lol.

Welcome and all that jazz. smile.gif

#3 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 05:41 PM

Hi, and welcome!

Glad you liked the AH Computing notes; I think we have some more in the pipeline for the Systems (optional) unit. smile.gif

I agree with Lindsay - sounds like you'll be having a very busy year!

#4 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:10 PM

Hello George and Lindsay smile.gif
I'm certainly going to be working hard this year. So much for sixth year being a skive! Although the way my timetable is (drama out of school, geog and music in the same column, and mod studs in my own time) I have two free columns for studying thankfully. Although even they are starting to fill up. rolleyes.gif

George - the notes look pretty good smile.gif I was trying to make my own notes from SCHOLAR this afternoon and just seemed to be going round in circles, or quoting Standard Grade stuff (my teacher was busy quoting Monty Python and sorting out PC Passport people). But yours look rather handy! I'll certainly be looking them up in school for my double tomorrow.

Lindsay - A Chicago fan? wink.gif

#5 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:48 PM

Never seen Chicago in my life, it's all thanks to a rather eccentric Maths teacher last year. She had a few set phrases. Like:

"... and all that jazz."

"And the $64 million question is..."

"And you'll be flying by the seat of your pants!"

She was fantastic, I'm going to miss her!

#6 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Aug 19 2004, 07:48 PM)
Never seen Chicago in my life, it's all thanks to a rather eccentric Maths teacher last year.  She had a few set phrases.  Like:

"...  and all that jazz."

View Post

Awww she sounds fun! Our maths teachers have plenty of catchphrases but they tend to be maths related. One retired this year and we almost got her a t-shirt with "What you do with numbers...." on the front and "....is the same you do with letters" on the back. I'm sure "NO WORKING NO MARKS!!!" would have had to have been on there somewhere too rolleyes.gif

#7 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:41 PM

Lol, my 4th year maths teacher would say stuff like "Change the side, change the sign, laddie" and "By Pythagoras..." (even if the questions or topic we were studying had nothing to do with algebra or pythagoras!

And a another teacher I had, had posters over his wall with quotes such as : "LIFE: YOU CAN'T REWIND IT"

#8 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:16 PM

my old maths teacher who taught me from S2 - S5 and i am now doing paired help in her S1 class has a poster up on her wall with a litter of cute puppies with:
"Work is great", on the top and, "I could look at it for hours"

There was another one that was having a go at pupils was something to do with can't wait until you all leave and give me peace!!

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#9 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(fearfactor47 @ Aug 19 2004, 08:41 PM)
Lol, my 4th year maths teacher would say stuff like "Change the side, change the sign, laddie" and "By Pythagoras..." (even if the questions or topic we were studying had nothing to do with algebra or pythagoras!

And a another teacher I had, had posters over his wall with quotes such as : "LIFE:  YOU CAN'T REWIND IT"

View Post

{chants} Change side change sign. Oh how I remember it.
My maths teacher last year was too good for such things. She just chatted to me about Aerosmith and Guns n Roses. Teachers aren't supposed to know about music like that!
One of my AH maths teachers dances around excitedly when he's writing notes about calculus on the board. rolleyes.gif

#10 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:40 PM

You know, as much as they said "Change the side, change the sign" I actually have no idea what that refers to now. :X

This is what happens when you get an A for Maths, haha!

We have this really scary maths teacher, and he can't pronounce his "r"s and he used to said, "Get your wubbas and your woowas out!" And everyone was too scared to laugh at him. He also used to have a problem if you propped the workcard you were using up on your desk. His thing was, "The CARD stands, YOU stand!"

I never wanted him to mark my work.

#11 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:43 PM

lol...

He reminds me of Jonathan Ross. tongue.gif

#12 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:10 PM

"... and all that jazz."

I might just add in another few of her classics Lindsay!

"Alastair asked me this question upon which I nearly blew a gasket"

"I'll pulverise you!"

"You p-u-dding!"

I will miss her, she was funny! Especially she went out one day to get chalk, and came back with a big plank of wood she found in the corridor (don't know if you remember that Lindsay!)
Mark

#13 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:55 PM

Lol! Another thing you might find of interest, the physics teacher I talked about earlier took it upon himself to glue the toilet pass onto a massize sheet of wood (bigger than the ones you do exams on), it was difficult to even get it out the door!!! It looks so stupid carrying this big sheet of wood around with you, with a tiny square with details saying you are allowed out of class!

#14 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Aug 20 2004, 08:10 PM)
"... and all that jazz."

I might just add in another few of her classics Lindsay!

"Alastair asked me this question upon which I nearly blew a gasket"

"I'll pulverise you!"

"You p-u-dding!"

I will miss her, she was funny! Especially she went out one day to get chalk, and came back with a big plank of wood she found in the corridor (don't know if you remember that Lindsay!)

View Post

Hahahaha! Oh God, I'd forgotten about that! She charged off wearing that purple Marks and Sparks outfit and charged back in ten minutes later with steam coming out her ears and a six foot piece of wood. tongue.gif We all love Mima!

I remember her saying to you one day, "Put your hands out till I smack you!" I seriously nearly wet myself.

She's one of the very few good teachers that are left at our school, actually. She'd better not retire ever, everyone needs to experience her at least once.

#15 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:12 PM

Yay! Another Higher Drama student! Until now, I think I was the only Drama person on 'ere, twas rather lonely *weep* tongue.gif

Hello to you smile.gif
@

#16 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 08:38 PM

Hello! smile.gif Higher Drama rocks! biggrin.gif What plays are you going to be studying?

BTW, is that you in your avatar? Just it looks kinda like somebody I went to primary with, who I think goes to Elgin (somewhere over that way), and did Standard Grade Drama.
Although I could be totally and utterly wrong biggrin.gif.

#17 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:23 PM

ohmy.gif
That is me in my avatar....... And I live in Elgin...... And I did SG Drama....... That's rather wierd!

So far we've only done Lovers. And that's the play we're using for our investigative drama thingy. I'm not sure what other play's we're going to be doing. I *think* that amongst others we do Bold Girls, so that's pretty cool since I've already studied it last year in H English tongue.gif
@

#18 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:42 PM

Lovers is good IIRC. Our local drama group did it a few years back. Don't know Bold Girls though I don't think.

You didn't happen to live in Conon Bridge ever did you?

#19 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:48 PM

Nope! I've never even heard of it huh.gif ;P

Yeah, Lovers is a good play. It took me a while to get into it, but now I really like it. We're doing our investigative drama just now and it's sooo fun because we get to be directors [I'm easily amused ;D].
@

#20 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 11:23 AM

Directing my cast is hell! There's a guy who thinks he's a totally fabulous actor, but doesn't know basic stuff and always wants to lie around and listen to crap music rather than rehearsing. And a girl who just won't shut up! Grrrrr!
Our play is thankfully starting to take shape though.
What's the topic of your play?

BTW was there anybody called Kerry in your SG drama class?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users