Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Unit 1 - HSN forum

Unit 1

11 replies to this topic

#1 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:17 PM

Anyone else finding unit 1 difficult?

#2 xlynsey

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

difficult? try impossible!
i dont understand a thing...

#3 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:33 PM

Im finding it absolutely fine but the non physicists in the class seem to find it difficult.

#4 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Michael @ Sep 17 2006, 10:33 PM) View Post

Im finding it absolutely fine but the non physicists in the class seem to find it difficult.

Thats my problem, im not a physicist, im a biologist!

#5 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:20 PM

Well I plan on doing maths with physics at uni so naturally I've done a fair amount of reading on quantum mechanics, so the majority of the stuff in the first unit I've came across before so I'm not finding it that difficult. Still, I completely understand that this would be a difficult unit for a biologist (notice how everyone is either a biologist or a physicist - no one ever calls themselves a chemist tongue.gif) so I wouldn't worry about this too much. When it comes to organic chemistry, the biologists will probably find this easier than the physicists smile.gif
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#6 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:38 PM

I found it fairly easy but I seem to be the exception. (Pwned the nab today.) Most people are finding it fairly difficult.
I'm an ex-physicist, current biologist. I quite miss physics, specially the amount of homework compared to biology.

#7 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

Im a chemist/physicist and as of this year a human biologist too tongue.gif

#8 Guest_spoon2001_*

• Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:25 PM

From what we've done I think it's pretty easy, but I'm slightly alarmed that some of you ahve done the Unit 1 Nab already - we are starting on unit 2 and have just finished Phase Equilibria blink.gif

#9 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(spoon2001 @ Sep 25 2006, 05:25 PM) View Post

From what we've done I think it's pretty easy, but I'm slightly alarmed that some of you ahve done the Unit 1 Nab already - we are starting on unit 2 and have just finished Phase Equilibria blink.gif
Do you not do the NAB as soon as you finish the topic? We had a double period today, finished the topic first period and done the NAB second period (I got 20/20, which was a pleasant surprise). We're moving onto unit 3 now, as we have unit 2 being taught to us one period a week (an ex-teacher at the school has to come in to teach us this part). I wouldn't worry too much, apparently our class is going relatively quickly (compared to recent classes at our school anyway) and by the sounds of it we're not any further ahead than your class.

I saw in the maths forum you had auditions (musical auditions I'm guessing). What were you auditioning for? How did you get on?
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#10 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(spoon2001 @ Sep 25 2006, 05:25 PM) View Post

Don't worry. I think unit one is a half unit (just don't hold me to it). Whether it is or not, have you seen the size difference in the unit 1 and 2 scholar books? 2 is much thicker.
On a side note all my scholar books are annoying me, I can't get things into my locker.

I got 19/20 for my nab, the rest of the class weren't pleased, not my fault I had an unexpected free with someone from my class firing long chemistry words at my that I didn't have a clue what meant. (Moral of the story, don't try to learn too much for the nab)

#11 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:27 PM

yeah, unit one is half a unit (the investigation makes up the other half smile.gif )

#12 Guest_spoon2001_*

• Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:11 PM

I was auditioning as a choral scholar to read music at Magdalen Colleg, Oxford. I got a provisional offer depending on being offered an academic place, so I really need 3As, which I think will be hard... I've seen from your Itunes list that you're into Classical music... Do you like any modern stuff? You should add me : theoriginalspoon2000@hotmail.com

I was auditioning as a choral scholar to read music at Magdalen Colleg, Oxford. I got a provisional offer depending on being offered an academic place, so I really need 3As, which I think will be hard... I've seen from your Itunes list that you're into Classical music... Do you like any modern stuff? You should add me : theoriginalspoon2000@hotmail.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users