Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Glasgow Law - HSN forum

Glasgow Law

14 replies to this topic

#1 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

Dudes! okay, heres the plan; i want to go to Glasgow to do Law. I got AABBB (Highers) in s5 and am now doing 3 AHs. im telling u as to possibly get some feedback on what kind of offers ill get. im thinkin a conditional for bs this year - reasonable? Any thoughts appreciated.

Oh and any tips on how to aid ypour application? i.e. extra-curricular, personal statement etc

Thanx again.
All or Nothing.

#2 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

number one tip on ps

LIE

some people get caught out, not everyone tongue.gif
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#3 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:05 AM

You could call up the admissions dept at the uni and ask them- they should be able to give you a rough idea of what to expect.

As for the personal statement mention any... extra-cirricular activities (sports, clubs etc), part-time work, work experience, volunteer work, helping out in school at buddying schemes... and remember to ask your teachers, they've done it before so they'll give you a hand and hopefully they'll know you well so can suggest extras which you might forget.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#4 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(Klass Clown @ Sep 7 2006, 09:35 PM) View Post

Dudes! okay, heres the plan; i want to go to Glasgow to do Law.

ohmy.gif

I htought you said you wanted to go to art school mad.gif

#5 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Sep 9 2006, 02:33 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Klass Clown @ Sep 7 2006, 09:35 PM) View Post

Dudes! okay, heres the plan; i want to go to Glasgow to do Law.

ohmy.gif

I htought you said you wanted to go to art school mad.gif

haha, okay sorry. bt ive had a massive change of art and definatly dont want to go anymore. most people were as shocked as you bt its just not right for me. ill always have art as a hobby, and ill never give that up but i dont want to do art as a career. Its always been a race between the two though, art school was always just the easier option for me. sorry sad.gif

All or Nothing.

#6 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE(Klass Clown @ Sep 11 2006, 02:08 PM) View Post

haha, okay sorry. bt ive had a massive change of art and definatly dont want to go anymore. most people were as shocked as you bt its just not right for me. ill always have art as a hobby, and ill never give that up but i dont want to do art as a career. Its always been a race between the two though, art school was always just the easier option for me. sorry sad.gif

Ah well.

Many people assume art school to be the easier option yet many of them also misjudge the competition. To get in to art school they have to see that you have an absolute passion for the subject. If they see you don't have that, you wouldn't get in.

I applied to art school with no real intention of going. When I found out I got accepted, I was just about to change my mind. However, I thought it would be good to try other things - so now I'm off to Aberdeen to do something else I enjoy. When I finish I might very well apply to art school again.

Art is something I actually love so, for me, it will never be just a mere hobby smile.gif

Good luck for law. If its really what you want to do, I wish you all the best.

#7 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:18 PM

Many people assume art school to be the easier option yet many of them also misjudge the competition.

Art is something I actually love so, for me, it will never be just a mere hobby smile.gif

- someones touchy...
All or Nothing.

#8 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:21 PM

ohmy.gif I'm not touchy!

I was just making a point! dry.gif

#9 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:42 PM

you also have to do a test for Law at Glasgow, consisting of multiple choice questions on close reading passages and writing a short essay. Slighty late in telling you this and you have probably applied and sat the test!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#10 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:45 PM

a huge number of people dropped out first year llb law in glasgow this year.....strathy law is much better CC100 on here is doing that so PM her or something and she may give helpful insightful advice on law in general

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#11 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:56 PM

According to the Times rankings for Law in Scotland:
1 Aberdeen
2 Edinburgh
3 Glasgow
4 Strathclyde
5 Dundee

(just to defend Glasgow)
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#12 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:52 PM

ye strathy law is pretty good i went to both open days and strathy seemed alot better than glasgow
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#13 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:37 PM

Oh look at that!

Choose Aberdeen!

biggrin.gif

oooooookkkkaaayyy, i am a hypocrite. who cares.

#14 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Dec 29 2006, 07:37 PM) View Post

Oh look at that!

Choose Aberdeen!

biggrin.gif

oooooookkkkaaayyy, i am a hypocrite. who cares.

Why are you a hypocrite? huh.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#15 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

Firstly, because i had just given the boy a good bashing for not going to art school when I decided not to even go myself

and ....I was getting on at him for wanting to go to glasgow (he is now wanting to go to aberdeen by the way) and Im now saying he should go!

wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users