Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
SAAS - HSN forum - Page 2

SAAS

46 replies to this topic

#21 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:47 AM

Comp Science at Strathclyde is 1700 at Strathclyde(May be the same for all other courses at Strathclyde), but my brothers course at Glasgow Uni costs 1,125, hence why i know it varies from uni to uni and course to course.

#22 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:49 AM

Weird, it was 1,175 for any course last year. o.O They must have increased it. *shrugs*

#23 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:08 PM

I think the tuition fee for medicine in some unverisities in Scotland this year is 2700 (correct me if I'm wrong)...

QUOTE(saas)

Scottish domiciled and EU students, studying at an institution in Scotland, are entitled to free tuition. We will pay the tuition fees in full, up to 1,200 depending on your individual circumstances. If you are not eligible to have your fees paid because of our previous study rules, you will only have to pay the standard 1,200 fee to your college or university you can apply to us to pay the difference between the normal standard tuition fee of 1,200 and the higher tuition fee of 1,700 (2,700 for medicine).

STILL not heard from them.

#24 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:19 PM

The tuition fees are different this year because of the introduction of top up fees in england. However the fees are lower for returning students. New entrants starting their first year this year will pay 1700, whereas students in 2nd year or above pay 1200. Medical Students works the same, but returning medics are 1200 and new medics are 2700.

#25 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:21 PM

In general it works that way, but some courses do differ, there isnt very many of them, but they do exist..

#26 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:16 AM

My Course is 1,700. Got my Aweard letter through. I'm geting two thousand eight hundered and soemthing loan plus my 1,700 fees paid.

I was expecting more loan.

I was generally late in applying as I didn't know what course I was doing and at what university until after the exam results. Turns out I'm doing a course I never actually applied for in teh first place, but I'm not complaining at least I have a place.
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#27 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:42 PM

I'm getting 1900 for the loan sad.gif That was less than I expected.

#28 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:50 PM

Sent my form nice and early and got a reply on the loan pretty quick.

However, I emailed them with a query weeks ago and still haven't had a reply. By the sounds of it I shouldn't hope for one either.

#29 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:16 AM

According to the online progress tracker, my "Letter of Award" is in the post as of the 11th Sept (Monday). So it should be with me soon! smile.gif
Mark

#30 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:27 AM

Went into registration yesterday and returning Edinburgh students don't need to bring in their SAAS letter. blink.gif

#31 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:55 AM

Thats becuase they will(or should) have allo the details they need from the previous year, to find out if your fees are getting paid by SAAS.

#32 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(Scott @ Sep 13 2006, 11:27 AM) View Post

Went into registration yesterday and returning Edinburgh students don't need to bring in their SAAS letter. blink.gif

same with Strathclyde
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#33 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Sep 14 2006, 12:24 PM) View Post

same with Strathclyde

I got my award letter in today, and it says on it "You must take this letter to your university for tution fee's and/or grant to be payed".

I did registration online though. I don't know if that makes a difference! blink.gif
Mark

#34 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Sep 14 2006, 02:54 PM) View Post

QUOTE(broughy @ Sep 14 2006, 12:24 PM) View Post

same with Strathclyde

I got my award letter in today, and it says on it "You must take this letter to your university for tution fee's and/or grant to be payed".

I did registration online though. I don't know if that makes a difference! blink.gif

Look below, this may shed some light on why you dont need to take any SAAS letters to the uni.

QUOTE(John @ Sep 13 2006, 11:55 AM) View Post

Thats becuase they will(or should) have allo the details they need from the previous year, to find out if your fees are getting paid by SAAS.

Make sense now everyone?

#35 south lanarkshire jag

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:58 PM

i did mine online but i need to take it along cos im just starting

#36 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:06 PM

I need to, I cant matriculate without it. A pain, but the uni insists on seeing it every year apparently, i thought it would be different for second year. Oh well, just suppose they want to make sure they are getting their money...

#37 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(John @ Sep 9 2006, 08:47 AM) View Post

Comp Science at Strathclyde is 1700 at Strathclyde(May be the same for all other courses at Strathclyde), but my brothers course at Glasgow Uni costs 1,125, hence why i know it varies from uni to uni and course to course.

ah but your brother i believe is older than you and was already at uni before you which is why your fees are greater than his and indeed him. This proves what paul or someone was saying earlier

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#38 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Sep 14 2006, 05:11 PM) View Post

ah but your brother i believe is older than you and was already at uni before you which is why your fees are greater than his and indeed him. This proves what paul or someone was saying earlier

First years in his course are paying the same as him though i think. It could be that its a community project lead course, you wont find it in The glasgow prospectus or through UCAS.

#39 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Sep 14 2006, 05:11 PM) View Post

How much the tuition fee is doesnt really matter for us as scottish students, its more the graduate endownment which is the big thing. Not sure how much I have to pay, but I know that people who entered this year as freshers are goin to pay more than I will have to.

#40 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:40 PM

OK, this may sound retarded, but what's a Graudate Endownment?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users