Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Biology Nab - HSN forum

Biology Nab

13 replies to this topic

#1 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:07 AM

First advanced higher nab tomorow! A bit nervous lol! Anyone else got any nabs coming up soon?

#2 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:31 PM

How was it?
All my units are mixed up so I haven't done any nabs yet, but I have done some subunit tests. They are so hard.

#3 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Oct 17 2006, 11:31 PM) View Post

How was it?
All my units are mixed up so I haven't done any nabs yet, but I have done some subunit tests. They are so hard.

Well i failed the 1st attempt, becuase i thought it would be waay easier than it actually was. Turned out to be a bit of a bitch! Passed the re-sit tho! Now im working on both unit 1 and unit 2! Bit of a bugger to be honest smile.gif

will

#4 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:56 PM

Theres so much to remember for biology. And it used to be such a nice subject. T_T

I prefer unit 2. Much easier to remember and more interesting.

#5 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Oct 19 2006, 10:56 PM) View Post

Theres so much to remember for biology. And it used to be such a nice subject. T_T

I prefer unit 2. Much easier to remember and more interesting.

OOO NOOOO!!! Unit 1 and unit 3 all the way! Loving the cell and human stuff!! biggrin.gif

#6 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:26 PM

But theres so much stuff to remember for cells. And humans stink. (I've not done human, best I could come up with).
Environment just makes sense.

#7 Hev

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:30 PM

our school hasn't done any nabs or tests ATALL yet for ah bio!
IPB Image
This year's Fenella Feline (CAT) in Peterhead's Pantomine Pinocchio!

#8 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:16 PM

Be glad.
Tests are evil and unnecessary and I've not done any nabs yet either.
I did do really well with very little revision in my molecular test though, so I'm feeling a bit more amniable towards it.
But I don't get on with spelling too well.

#9 Hev

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:32 PM

i ain't too great at spelling either, been known to make up my own words every-so-often *cough* all the time. haha.
we've not really done much of anything to be honest, just doing talks n taking notes, then having like open Q & A discussion.
IPB Image

#10 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 04:58 PM

I think thats what AH biology is like. One teacher just talks at us, then gets us to highlight things. Another teacher does powerpoint presntations and we take notes and then the other one fires questions at us all the time.

#11 Hev

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:16 AM

i prefer it that way. think it makes everything alot more interesting and easier to ask questions about something you don't understand.
IPB Image

#12 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:27 PM

The firing questions at version?
It's so stressful.
She fires questions that we don't have a clue about the answer to. It's normally either some obscure fact we didn't need to know at standard grade or something from human, or else just something we haven't done. But anyway, she fires all the questions at you and you don't have any time to think between, so everyone tends to go blank. We don't actually know what she's asking half the time.
Today she threatened to get us all chucked out of school, said we were depressing and she almost swore at us. The fun.
It doesn't help me learn at all. It's supposed to help us make connections and I see where she's coming from, it just isn't working. I usually end up making connections anyway, but tend to do it more slowly and without thinking. Not thinking is much easier and I still get it. And I don't get stressed.

#13 Hev

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

:| god!
it's usually us firing questions at the teachers! haha.
our teachers are pritty honest about what is basically too much information.
i once had to ask the head of the department a question cause neither of my teachers knew the answer. then he waffled. it was fun.
but the teacher we do our projects with is really ill so out projects are getting delayed sad.gif gonna be such a cram in decemeber to get everything wrapped up before the holidays!
IPB Image

#14 xx-charlie-chalk-xx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:drama, school and out of school productions, laughing, hanging out with mates, sleeping! xxx

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:45 AM

oh dear! had my first biology nab not long ago! the only one in the class to fail...lol. by one mark! aah! haha! never mind! and will_789, congratulations for all the acceptances! well done you clever clogs! xxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users