Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What To Take To Uni - HSN forum - Page 2

What To Take To Uni

39 replies to this topic

#21 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

I don't actually drink that often at all, i was barely drunk most of last year - i plan to get wrecked with Scott, haha!

#22 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Sep 5 2006, 05:54 PM) View Post
I don't actually drink that often at all, i was barely drunk most of last year - i plan to get wrecked with Scott, haha!

We shall do.

You were wrecked a few times! I remember a few txts and MSN messages especially the night before Maths assignments were due. wink.gif

Remember though, young Chico is tee total and Andy is off alcohol due to stomach ulcers. sad.gif

#23 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

i wasn't much into the drinking thing when i was a fresher. only actually went to one day of freshers week, the traders fair during the day. its just in the last year or so i've turned into more of a typical student!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#24 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:09 PM

heyyy its not because i'm churchy, I've jsut never thought of it as being all that necessary or cool. Some of it just seems like "ahh we're STUDENTS now...WOOOOOOOW students! studenty studenty students!! so! ...lets go get piiiiished." huh.gif

Why does everyone want to follow the flock and go out and get drunk for a week just in an attempt to make friends. Why is it the done thing to be out of your head??! sad.gif

*flings arms up in despair* !!

I just dont understnannd. My brain will soon start linking hte words STUDENT and NED.

Meh i do sound like a dull religious nut now. sad.gif ah well so what

p.s. I'm arguing with myself.

#25 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

I thought the same, to be honest. biggrin.gif

Students = Drunk people?
Really?!

Whatever.

#26 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Sep 6 2006, 12:09 AM) View Post

Why does everyone want to follow the flock and go out and get drunk for a week just in an attempt to make friends. Why is it the done thing to be out of your head??! sad.gif

because being a wee bit tipsy can be quite good fun. obviously not being totally out of our face wasted, but being a wee bit tispy is fun every now & again. if it wasn't a good laugh, people just wouldn't bother doing it. plus, you tend to talk to more people when you're a bit tipsy, at least, i know i do - most of the time i'm miss shy & hardly talk to anyone, but people who see me after a few drinks wouldn't believe that!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#27 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Sep 5 2006, 06:17 PM) View Post

We shall do.

You were wrecked a few times! I remember a few txts and MSN messages especially the night before Maths assignments were due. wink.gif

Remember though, young Chico is tee total and Andy is off alcohol due to stomach ulcers. sad.gif

Was i not talking about snowboarding Arthur's seat once! Haha, i will do it, just have to wait for snow tongue.gif

#28 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Sep 6 2006, 10:23 PM) View Post
QUOTE(miss macleod @ Sep 6 2006, 12:09 AM) View Post

because being a wee bit tipsy can be quite good fun. obviously not being totally out of our face wasted, but being a wee bit tispy is fun every now & again. if it wasn't a good laugh, people just wouldn't bother doing it. plus, you tend to talk to more people when you're a bit tipsy, at least, i know i do - most of the time i'm miss shy & hardly talk to anyone, but people who see me after a few drinks wouldn't believe that!

Yeah, I'm the same. When I've had a few drinks, you'd have a hard time shutting me up. I've been known to talk to a complete stranger for hours about total rubbish! laugh.gif

#29 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Sep 6 2006, 10:45 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Scott @ Sep 5 2006, 06:17 PM) View Post

We shall do.

Was i not talking about snowboarding Arthur's seat once! Haha, i will do it, just have to wait for snow tongue.gif

I remember that conversation, that's impending death! Can I have your laptop if you do it? Actually no, it'll cost me money to get 5 removal guys to lift the bloody thing into a van!

Helen is right. Being tipsy is great as you open up a lot more. I'm usually fine talking to new people but it's slightly easier when you're tipsy as you can have a laugh.

#30 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:09 AM

I concur.

Haha, my laptop rocks!

#31 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:33 AM

Drinking for me is a social thing. I've never once gone out and thought, "WAY HEY! Let's all get pissed!"

Because that's quite lame.

On a Friday, Elaine, Gillian and I will go to the pub, have a few drinks and catch up. It's all very civilised. Buy a round each, eat a lot of crisps, then go home. Sometimes I do end up a bit tipsy, and if I do, that's fine. Just means I struggle to get my key in the lock when I go home, but I can cope with it.

I've only ever been really drunk a couple of times, and it was purely by mistake and not my fault. I blame my friends, and them knowing what Apple Sourz do to me. sad.gif

On the subject of Fresher's Week, I doubt I'll go to much. Whatever I can drag Elaine and Gillian along to, I will. But other than that, I'll be at home. I am hardcore.

#32 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Sep 7 2006, 10:33 AM) View Post
I blame my friends, and them knowing what Apple Sourz do to me. sad.gif

Apple Sourz are legendary through here. We convinced the bar staff to give us a whole lot of them at 50p a shot last year.

I thought I'd never have my vision in focus again. blink.gif

#33 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Sep 7 2006, 10:33 AM) View Post

Drinking for me is a social thing. I've never once gone out and thought, "WAY HEY! Let's all get pissed!"

Because that's quite lame.

I must admit I totally agree. I think there are a few folk who believe that unless your out your face drunk then you can't be enjoying yourself. I just don't get that at all. wink.gif

I mean I am not saying "No one should drink, we should all become tee-total". However just having a few drinks, having a laugh, being tipsy is okay.
Mark

#34 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

Hard to believe as it may be, I hardly ever get tee-total. laugh.gif I'm usually just tipsy when I go out for a few drinks, sometimes I even stay sober. But occassionally, like, every few months, I get completely wasted with a bunch of mates. *shrugs*

#35 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:55 PM

Drinking is definitely a social thing. I love just going to the pub and having a few glasses with my friends while we have a chat and a laugh. Also a good place to go when it rains! One of my friends doesn't drink because it's against her religion but tbh, she's so hyper without it it'd be damn scary to see her drunk! Anyway, don't drink if you don't want to but there's no shame in it if you do get wasted a few times.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#36 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

Can anyone else get into some sort of thing when you act drunk and feel a bit tipsy (possibley high but I don't know) but you haven't actually drunk anything? Its a sort of dance instead of walking (however wobblily), sing a lot, talk to random stragers type thing. Just no hangover.

I'm not really a big fan of drinking, seems a bit overrated, but that could just be me being wierd.

#37 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

I need to wait a month anyway. Then I can have fun. biggrin.gif

#38 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Sep 7 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

Can anyone else get into some sort of thing when you act drunk and feel a bit tipsy (possibley high but I don't know) but you haven't actually drunk anything? Its a sort of dance instead of walking (however wobblily), sing a lot, talk to random stragers type thing. Just no hangover.

I'm not really a big fan of drinking, seems a bit overrated, but that could just be me being wierd.

Yep. It's known as extreme hyperness, or the "IRN-BRU 32" effect. smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#39 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Sep 7 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

I don't think you can really.

#40 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(Vixus @ Sep 8 2006, 12:28 PM) View Post

I need to wait a month anyway. Then I can have fun. biggrin.gif

i need to wait 10 months sad.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users