Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What To Take To Uni - HSN forum

What To Take To Uni

39 replies to this topic

#1 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:59 PM

This is a great wee page I've found, pretty self-explanitory!

Clickoris

Good luck everyone, I'll need some too to remember everything! rolleyes.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#2 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

Yeah, if you want to be over-prepared. All I take is a book of ruled paper, two pens, a calculator and the notes for the lectures I'm attending, that's me set.

#3 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:07 PM

Its comprehensive, and most of the stuff is sensible, some of the things under decor are a bit unecessary, i find a few posters on walls and photos on yer pinboard do well to make the room your own. dont take everything u own with u tho, cos mind it has to go back home with u at the end of the year tongue.gif

#4 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

Wow thats a good link. Just what I was looking for earlier actually. smile.gif

#5 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:12 AM

my mum has prevailed upon to buy most of tht crap >_>
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#6 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:45 PM

Jeez, I just found out I have to provide my own bedlinen and stuff.

#7 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(Vixus @ Sep 3 2006, 07:45 PM) View Post

Jeez, I just found out I have to provide my own bedlinen and stuff.

Don't you have to do that it most accomodations?

#8 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

Not in posh old Pollock... (catered). Or Oxford either. biggrin.gif

Actually, I'd be more interested in knowing what to take for Fresher's week. There's no way someone's gonna fit all this stuff in ten suitcases, let alone one. It's a bit overkill, considering each room is the size of an understair cupboard.

#9 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Vixus @ Sep 4 2006, 02:00 PM) View Post

Not in posh old Pollock... (catered). Or Oxford either. biggrin.gif

Actually, I'd be more interested in knowing what to take for Fresher's week. There's no way someone's gonna fit all this stuff in ten suitcases, let alone one. It's a bit overkill, considering each room is the size of an understair cupboard.

What do you mean by 'What to take for freshers week'?

#10 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:00 PM

Dudes and dudettes, all you need to take to freshers week is a big fat wallet, and the key to wherever you're staying, be it a hostel, accomodation at the uni, or the house. You'll be boozing so much at freshers week that you don't care what else you need to bring. laugh.gif

#11 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:04 PM

Dont forget to take yourself either!

#12 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:22 PM

Don't think I'll be boozing much on Freshers week - I've got no money.

sad.gif

#13 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:55 PM

Pfft, no chance I'll be boozing either. I dont plan to even converse with those who do!

*snobface*

#14 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

Have fun on your own! biggrin.gif

#15 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

i should make an appointment with a doc next week

seeing as all my friends work different days, im going to end up going out on a 'goodybe' drink every night this week and then have freshers on saturday:D
My profile

Über alles in der Welt,
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Über alles in der Welt.

#16 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Sep 4 2006, 03:00 PM) View Post

Dudes and dudettes, all you need to take to freshers week is a big fat wallet, and the key to wherever you're staying, be it a hostel, accomodation at the uni, or the house. You'll be boozing so much at freshers week that you don't care what else you need to bring. laugh.gif

& there speaks a "2nd time round" fresher!! tongue.gif
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#17 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:24 PM

I won't be boozing anyway. Still underage for one. Anyway, I don't fancy melting my brain and liver every night as "fun".

#18 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(Vixus @ Sep 5 2006, 04:24 PM) View Post

I won't be boozing anyway. Still underage for one. Anyway, I don't fancy melting my brain and liver every night as "fun".

huh.gif i might be mistaken but isnt tht the point of uni
My profile

Über alles in der Welt,
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Über alles in der Welt.

#19 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Sep 4 2006, 04:35 PM) View Post

Have fun on your own! biggrin.gif

I will. Thanks.

#20 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:52 PM

Lol, not every fresher drinks loads, i knew plenty of freshers last year (my flatmate being one) who really didnt go out drinking at all during freshers week but still had a fantastic time. For the most part they did tend to be the ppl who were religious and went to church and stuff tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users