Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Opendays 06/07 - HSN forum - Page 3

Opendays 06/07

80 replies to this topic

#41 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:53 PM

If Renfrew St is the one I'm thinking of, just walk along until you see your bus number on one of the bus stop signs. It's easier than you think. tongue.gif

#42 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Sep 4 2006, 11:04 PM) View Post

meh....i might as well jump on the bandwagon as well....how do you get from buchanan st station to renfrew street, and also where on renfrew st i might get the 109 bus tongue.gif ....anyone?....thanks in advance wink.gif

come out the side of the bus station thats nearest john lewis - & there you are!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#43 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(broughy @ Sep 4 2006, 10:04 PM) View Post

or from buchanan galleries......

walk go under the wee bit at sainsbury's, where the buses come from, walk along that street & just keep going till go hit the uni!!

Already done tongue.gif

#44 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:50 AM

thank you all biggrin.gif

am heading off to get the bus to Glasgow now...woop biggrin.gif

#45 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:43 AM

Glasgow Uni Open Day tomorrow. Whoop.
I'm only really interested in the tour of the Medic's building and some of the admissions lectures.

Who else is going?
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#46 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:38 PM

I am, just back from Strathy also. I'm such a skiver dry.gif

#47 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:22 PM

I'm going through to Glasgow tomorrow. Getting a lift into town off a friend for the half 8 train. I'll go through to Glasgow, wander about lost until half 11 then try and find a the maths department and the nearest Subway, then head home smile.gif
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#48 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:39 PM

Yeah Im going tomorrow. Was at Strathclyde today, thought it was really good. Tomorrow should be good as well though I hope!
Grrrrrr!!

#49 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

o:

What stuff did you go see? Maybe we saw the same thing dry.gif

#50 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping &lt;3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:19 PM

Looking for directions to Glasgow Uni for 2moro, is it easiest just to get into buchanan bus station and get a taxi from there ??
How is everyone else getting there ?
*~* Pam xxx *~*
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#51 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:36 PM

I'm getting there through the subway to Hillhead (I think that's the name) from buchanan station or whatever its called. The uni was right next to it if I remember right.

#52 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(Pammy @ Sep 5 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

Looking for directions to Glasgow Uni for 2moro, is it easiest just to get into buchanan bus station and get a taxi from there ??
*~* Pam xxx *~*

i wouldn't get a taxi, not worth it for the short distance, & the fact it'll probably end up costing a small fortune. probably the easiest way is to get the underground from buchanan st, either that or go to bath street & get a 44 bus out
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#53 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:03 PM

The Edinburgh people were so unfriendly after Aberdeen. At Aberden you could just start randomly talking to the nearest person and hey-presto, new friend. Didn't talk to anyone at Edinburgh. I almost talked to someone on the bus but she had a Louis Vuitton handbag and I think she was thinking something along the lines of "scruffy commoner" so I was to scared.
The student who showed me round the biology department was nice. And the halls of resisdence were much nicer than Aberdeen. And evolutonary biology looked fun.

#54 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping &lt;3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Sep 5 2006, 07:36 PM) View Post

I'm getting there through the subway to Hillhead (I think that's the name) from buchanan station or whatever its called. The uni was right next to it if I remember right.

QUOTE(broughy @ Sep 5 2006, 07:45 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Pammy @ Sep 5 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

*~* Pam xxx *~*

i wouldn't get a taxi, not worth it for the short distance, & the fact it'll probably end up costing a small fortune. probably the easiest way is to get the underground from buchanan st, either that or go to bath street & get a 44 bus out

Thanks very much for the advice !!!!!!!
*~* Pam xxx *~*
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#55 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Sep 5 2006, 10:03 PM) View Post

The Edinburgh people were so unfriendly after Aberdeen. At Aberden you could just start randomly talking to the nearest person and hey-presto, new friend. Didn't talk to anyone at Edinburgh. I almost talked to someone on the bus but she had a Louis Vuitton handbag and I think she was thinking something along the lines of "scruffy commoner" so I was to scared.
The student who showed me round the biology department was nice. And the halls of resisdence were much nicer than Aberdeen. And evolutonary biology looked fun.

Lol, Edinburgh along with St Andrews is famed for having large numbers of Oxford and Cambridge applicants who dont get a place there so end up and Edinburgh/St Andrews. Some can be from the "higher" social status than most people and are generally known as yah's. Avoid at all costs.

#56 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Sep 5 2006, 07:56 PM) View Post

o:

What stuff did you go see? Maybe we saw the same thing dry.gif

At Strathclyde i went to maths, primary teaching and accounts.

Today at Glasgow went to maths, teaching, law and the tour of the theatre studies department. Glasgow was good, apart from the fact i had a splitting sore head all day... but oh wel, tis all over now. Back to school tomorow.
Grrrrrr!!

#57 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:13 PM

I was at Glasgow today...twas ace biggrin.gif

I was at general science talk (10am), chemistry demonstration (10:45), maths and stats talk (11:30), finance talk (1:45) and accomodation talk (2:30)

*tries not to sound stalker-ish*

Allana, were you in the chemistry lecture and demonstration thingy today?....i'm sure i saw you unsure.gif

#58 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(st-and Paul @ Sep 6 2006, 05:21 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Sep 5 2006, 10:03 PM) View Post

Lol, Edinburgh along with St Andrews is famed for having large numbers of Oxford and Cambridge applicants who dont get a place there so end up and Edinburgh/St Andrews. Some can be from the "higher" social status than most people and are generally known as yah's. Avoid at all costs.

My mum and dad met at Edinburgh uni. They aren't exactly posh. They're a bit wierd but in a non-posh way.

Oxbridge rejects are going to have to go somewhere, all the uni's near the top of the table are going to end up with oxbridge rejects since that'll be where they apply to.

#59 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:10 PM

Was at Glasgow 2day and thought it was fab !!!
It was sooo Harry Potterish !!! chuck some owls in there and hey presto you've got hogwarts !!
Thought it was really intimidating at first and told my mum I'd changed my mind and didn't want to go, but by the end of the day, I decided that I wished I was going this year !!!
Only done the dentistry tour 2day, was really annoyed coz I missed the aeronautical engineering and dentistry talks tho coz of the tour.
But all in all thought it was a great day, did u not think the students were so helpful ??!!!
*~* Pam xxx *~*

#60 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

I was at the maths thing at half 11 aswell. I tried to walk out when the stats guy came in (I was in the room that had the maths then the stats) ended being the only fanny standing up biggrin.gif I also went along to the physics thing (missed the talks though) and some guy chatted to me for almost an hour about particle physics (he was quite terrifying).

Anyway, I didn't like it as much as most people did.

Lot's of oxbridge rejects go to Durham. That or St. Andrews is my plan for when I'm an oxbridge reject.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users