Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Opendays 06/07 - HSN forum - Page 2

Opendays 06/07

80 replies to this topic

#21 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

Took some pics for the sake of it,at the Uni of Aberdeen open day today. They're crap but I thought I might post them anyway so anyone who is thinking about applying to aberdeen can see how lovely the campus is wink.gif I absolutely love the old buildings, esp the Kings ones.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#22 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Aug 29 2006, 07:54 PM) View Post

Took some pics for the sake of it,at the Uni of Aberdeen open day today. They're crap but I thought I might post them anyway so anyone who is thinking about applying to aberdeen can see how lovely the campus is wink.gif I absolutely love the old buildings, esp the Kings ones.

Man, still cant believe it was 2 years since i went to the Aberdeen open day... It wasnt so nice when i went back in 04, was peein it down with rain. Its a nice campus, but i prefer the way in st andrews that the town is the campus. You walk down the main streets and there is like a uni department that is actually just a house!

Have a good first year up there, hope visiting it has reassured you bought the place.

#23 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(st-and Paul @ Aug 29 2006, 10:10 AM) View Post
Nah, they are all free, its just the travelling costs and buying food on the day which costs you anything.

QUOTE(loved-up-loon @ Aug 29 2006, 06:25 PM) View Post
Yeah, I just meant train/bus fares there and back and then food and such like. The actual open days themselves are free, its just transport there and back that costs quite a bit, depending on where you go from though!
Ah, that's alright then, thanks for clearing that up. Now I just need to work out how I can get a half on the trains tongue.gif

Aberdeen uni looks really nice. I'm not applying there but I kind of wish I'd went to the open day, I like big Harry Potter style buildings. Hope you enjoy your time there miss macleod.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#24 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE(ad absurdum @ Aug 29 2006, 09:39 PM) View Post

Aberdeen uni looks really nice. I'm not applying there but I kind of wish I'd went to the open day, I like big Harry Potter style buildings.

Lol, there are a fair few at St Andrews too, and Glasgow has its fair share too i believe. I never got to go into any of them in first year cos i did all sciences, but since i m doin an arts module for a doss next year... smile.gif

#25 Abyssinia

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

The Aberdeen open day was excellent. The campus was beautiful and there was a good feel about the place in the halls. Even the food in the place beside CJ Halls was good! Very impressive overall.

I have a hectic schedule next week with three in a row - Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Glasgow. Also going to Dundee and St Andrews which are slightly later. If they're anything like the Aberdeen open day was, I can't wait!

#26 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:45 PM

Did you have the bbq at that place (Zeste I think).
Just under 5 pound for a burger and salad. It was a very nice burger but maybe not quite worth that.

I'm going to Edinburgh on Monday, not sure whether I'll go to Strathclyde or Glasgow though. I'm not bothering about Dundee (I have a biology trip there on Thursday anyway) and St Andrews is a bit close (we might have another biology trip there).

#27 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Sep 1 2006, 11:45 PM) View Post

Did you have the bbq at that place (Zeste I think).
Just under 5 pound for a burger and salad. It was a very nice burger but maybe not quite worth that.

We went too late to the wee tent thingy...there was nothing left except vegetable kebabs. blink.gif We paid 7 because we were absolutely starving, but I ended up only eating hte mushrooms! rolleyes.gif

#28 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:32 PM

Hey..

can anyone going to (or who knows) how to get to strathclyde university from the city centre (like central station, buchanan galleries etc) can gimme some quick directions? Open day tomorow :3

#29 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:52 PM

east of George Square.

#30 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Sep 4 2006, 05:32 PM) View Post

Hey..

can anyone going to (or who knows) how to get to strathclyde university from the city centre (like central station, buchanan galleries etc) can gimme some quick directions? Open day tomorow :3

Go to the Taxi rank at the Bus Station and look up. That should be it there, if I'm not mistaken. tongue.gif

#31 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

guess I could just follow other people and hope for the best tongue.gif

#32 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

IIRC that would be Caledonian University, not Strathclyde, but i may be mistaken.

#33 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(John @ Sep 4 2006, 05:54 PM) View Post

IIRC that would be Caledonian University, not Strathclyde, but i may be mistaken.

He's still standing at the taxi rank. Hop in one and pay 4-odds to be taken a few hundred feet. laugh.gif

#34 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:06 PM

IPB Image

There, Buchanan Galleries to Strathclyde University biggrin.gif

Oh the last dot is where the Royal College building is

#35 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

Thank you ohmy.gif

#36 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

Im just planning on following everyone else, about half my year is getting the train up that im getting so somebody will know where to go....i hope.
Grrrrrr!!

#37 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:02 PM

to get to strathclyde uni from central station.......

go out the exit at gordon street (its straight ahead when you come off the train, down by whsmith). turn right, walk along that street, cross union street (it had traffic lights, don't panic!!) & keep walking till you're on buchanan street, across from the big borders bookshop. turn left there, until you get to a road. turn right along this street, & you'll hit george square. go to the opposite corner of george square (like, a diagonal line if you're thinking of the square). when you get to this corner, turn right along george street. just walk along there, & you'll find the uni. if you go up the first street on your left there, you'll find the union (it has a big sign saying "union", can't miss it!) & if you get there, somebody can probably direct you to whereever you really want to be!!

if anyone else wants more details, gimme a shout!!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#38 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:03 PM

cheers

#39 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:04 PM

or from buchanan galleries......

walk go under the wee bit at sainsbury's, where the buses come from, walk along that street & just keep going till go hit the uni!!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#40 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

meh....i might as well jump on the bandwagon as well....how do you get from buchanan st station to renfrew street, and also where on renfrew st i might get the 109 bus tongue.gif ....anyone?....thanks in advance wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users