Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Opendays 06/07 - HSN forum

Opendays 06/07

80 replies to this topic

#1 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:07 PM

Anyone going to any open days this year? I just signed up to go to the Aberdeen open day. I'm staying the night up there to avoid getting up at 6am and don't know anyone going. Which might be good and might be bad.

#2 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:39 PM

I'll probably go to a few, not decided which yet. :3

#3 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping <3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 27 August 2006 - 01:09 PM

I'm going to Glasgow's open day on the 6th Sept.
Got a ticket for the dentistry tour.
Is anyone else going to glasgow's ???
If so, are you doing the dentistry tour ?

*~* Pam xxx *~*
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#4 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

I'm going to Glasgow, maybe St Andrews if they're having one. Not doing the dentistry thing though.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#5 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:25 PM

I'm going to Glasgow...just for a last look around before I move down properly

#6 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:28 PM

Im going to glasgow for their dentistry tour smile.gif

#7 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping <3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:33 PM

Well if anyone fancies a chat I will be the one in the flourescent orange converses and orange t-shirt !!!!
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#8 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:00 AM

oooh...very organized....you've even got your outfit planned tongue.gif

I havent even booked accomodation yet unsure.gif

#9 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:43 PM

*is going to the HW Open Day since his pre-reg meeting is on the same day*

Never been to an open day before.

#10 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Aug 28 2006, 10:00 AM) View Post

oooh...very organized....you've even got your outfit planned tongue.gif

I havent even booked accomodation yet unsure.gif

I know I'm maybe a bit over the top, but you seem to be so laid back you're almost horizontal !! sleep.gif laugh.gif

#11 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

Do you have to book for these things, or can you just turn up? Also, is anyone going to an open day at St. Andrews? I can't seem to find any information on these.

QUOTE(Pammy)
Well if anyone fancies a chat I will be the one in the flourescent orange converses and orange t-shirt !!!!
You sound rather colourful laugh.gif

#12 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(ad absurdum @ Aug 28 2006, 04:32 PM) View Post

Do you have to book for these things, or can you just turn up? Also, is anyone going to an open day at St. Andrews? I can't seem to find any information on these.

QUOTE(Pammy)

As far as I know, you have to book for Glasgow Uni, but that's all.
And I'll take that as a compliment biggrin.gif tongue.gif

#13 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Pammy @ Aug 28 2006, 05:56 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ad absurdum @ Aug 28 2006, 04:32 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Pammy)

As far as I know, you have to book for Glasgow Uni, but that's all.

A number of universities will ask you to book in advanced so they can estimate the amount of people going, but it isn't necessary, and with Glasgow at least, for the Medicine and Dentistry tours, you must book in advance.

#14 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Aug 25 2006, 12:07 AM) View Post

Anyone going to any open days this year? I just signed up to go to the Aberdeen open day. I'm staying the night up there to avoid getting up at 6am and don't know anyone going. Which might be good and might be bad.

I'm going up to Aberdeen tomorrow too, but just for a look around things again before I go next month.

#15 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

I know you have to book for Glasgow uni and Edinburgh! Think im going to Glasgow, Strathclyde and maybe Edinburgh if i can get money!
Grrrrrr!!

#16 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

It was a compliment smile.gif

I took all your advice and signed up for the Glasgow one. loved-up-loon, do these open days cost money or are you just talking about train fares etc. when you say 'if you can get the money'?

#17 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(ad absurdum @ Aug 28 2006, 05:32 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Pammy)

St Andrews have a series of visiting days rather than one general open day. These occur most Wednesdays during the semesters so you are guranteed to get one that will suit you pretty much. The dates for 2006/07 are as follows:

2006 dates

Wednesday 04 October

Wednesday 11 October

Wednesday 18 October

Wednesday 25 October

Wednesday 15 November

2007 dates

Wednesday 14 February

Wednesday 21 February

Wednesday 14 March

Wednesday 21 March

Wednesday 11 April

Wednesday 18 April

Wednesday 25 April

The day involves a walking tour of St Andrews with a student ambassador (hopefully I will be doing some of them), this occurs in the morning and includes a tour of a hall of residence. After this there a few scheduled talks by various departments of the university (careers centre, music centre, sports centre etc) then a break for lunch. After a welcome talk from the principal Dr Brian Lang you visit two academic schools of your choice in the afternoon. Day last from about 9am till 4pm ish. You need to book two weeks before your favoured date i think. Book by filling in the form at the back of the Undergrad prospectus. If you need anymore info just ask.

#18 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(st-and Paul @ Aug 28 2006, 09:25 PM) View Post
St Andrews have a series of visiting days rather than one general open day. These occur most Wednesdays during the semesters so you are guranteed to get one that will suit you pretty much. The dates for 2006/07 are as follows:

2006 dates

Wednesday 04 October

Wednesday 11 October

Wednesday 18 October

Wednesday 25 October

Wednesday 15 November

2007 dates

Wednesday 14 February

Wednesday 21 February

Wednesday 14 March

Wednesday 21 March

Wednesday 11 April

Wednesday 18 April

Wednesday 25 April

The day involves a walking tour of St Andrews with a student ambassador (hopefully I will be doing some of them), this occurs in the morning and includes a tour of a hall of residence. After this there a few scheduled talks by various departments of the university (careers centre, music centre, sports centre etc) then a break for lunch. After a welcome talk from the principal Dr Brian Lang you visit two academic schools of your choice in the afternoon. Day last from about 9am till 4pm ish. You need to book two weeks before your favoured date i think. Book by filling in the form at the back of the Undergrad prospectus. If you need anymore info just ask.
Thank you very much, very helpful biggrin.gif Unfortunately these are all too late for me to visit before I apply, but I'll just apply then head along to one of these later. Thanks again.

#19 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE(ad absurdum @ Aug 28 2006, 09:10 PM) View Post

It was a compliment smile.gif

I took all your advice and signed up for the Glasgow one. loved-up-loon, do these open days cost money or are you just talking about train fares etc. when you say 'if you can get the money'?

Nah, they are all free, its just the travelling costs and buying food on the day which costs you anything.

#20 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, I just meant train/bus fares there and back and then food and such like. The actual open days themselves are free, its just transport there and back that costs quite a bit, depending on where you go from though!
Grrrrrr!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users