Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The wait is nearly over! - HSN forum - Page 3

The wait is nearly over!

114 replies to this topic

#41 Rashail

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

good luck everyone!!!!!

#42 Blondie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Computers, space, drawing, music, pirates, ice cream, writing, sewing, etc etc.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:10 PM

*sob*
-Blondie.

Whoa, I actually have something to put down here!

Crafting Journal!

#43 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

I'm getting worried, people have too high expectations of me and I'm worried that I won't live up to them. Plus there's the whole thing about needing high grades to get into Cambridge, which is equally terrifying.

Anyway, good luck all! Not much we can do now expect pray and get drunk tongue.gif
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#44 hmmm

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

i remember this time last year people were talking about the UCAS site being updated at midnight with the status of you university application.

Anyone know how it works.

#45 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(Switch @ Aug 7 2006, 06:03 PM) View Post

I'm scared. My life depends on me finding two Bs in that envelope tomorrow. sad.gif

Anyway, good luck to everyone else. Best wishes.

I'm scared too - I need a B at adv higher and a C at higher (or just a B at higher) for my aberdeen course.

If I don't get it I'm off to art school though - which wouldnt be too bad. wink.gif

Im honestly really beginning to think I havent got the grades now sad.gif crying.gif

AHHHHHH crap crap crap - Im terrified now. sad.gif

#46 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

Just of interest, anyone received their results yet?

#47 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

How would they? Results don't arrive until tomorrow.

#48 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:01 PM

Nah, read in the papers today that people in the Western Isles are getting their results texted to them...

#49 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Aug 7 2006, 06:59 PM) View Post

How would they? Results don't arrive until tomorrow.

people in orkney and shetlands have recieved their results by email today, im not one of them btw lol

#50 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:03 PM

Heh, lucky them. Feels funny, not having to wait for exam results or anything this year, unlike last year. So unlike most of you who are waiting for your results, i'll be chilled out, watching you all worry. tongue.gif

#51 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Aug 7 2006, 07:03 PM) View Post

Heh, lucky them. Feels funny, not having to wait for exam results or anything this year, unlike last year. So unlike most of you who are waiting for your results, i'll be chilled out, watching you all worry. tongue.gif

...there's some people in the world I could grow to hate...

#52 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:17 PM

That a threat? rolleyes.gif

Least I ain't boasting that I'd get a million A's and be the best in the world, like some guys did a couple of months ago. It's obvious they were taking the piss. laugh.gif

#53 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Aug 7 2006, 07:17 PM) View Post

Least I ain't boasting that I'd get a million A's and be the best in the world, like some guys did a couple of months ago. It's obvious they were taking the piss. laugh.gif

Good point and whilst we're on the subject, how did you do in your highers and advanced highers?

#54 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping &lt;3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

Best of luck to everyone !!!!!!!
Hope you all get what you want/need !!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif tongue.gif smile.gif hug.gif thumbsup.gif
*~* Pam xxx *~*
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#55 Amna55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:11 PM

Good Luck Everyone. Hope You Get What You Want. smile.gif

#56 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(will_789 @ Aug 7 2006, 07:42 PM) View Post

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Aug 7 2006, 07:17 PM) View Post

Good point and whilst we're on the subject, how did you do in your highers and advanced highers?

look in his profile; he's one of these people who likes to show it off down to the bands tongue.gif

Its in his "Interests" part. wink.gif

#57 Lucia

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:amateur genealogist/family historian

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:16 PM

I've been so busy all Summer and then yesterday...oh crap it sank in and now I...am...terrified!

I know whatever I get I'll be crying. I know for sure I've failed Maths. I just can't fathom it. sad.gif

#58 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(Lucia @ Aug 7 2006, 08:16 PM) View Post

I've been so busy all Summer and then yesterday...oh crap it sank in and now I...am...terrified!

I know whatever I get I'll be crying. I know for sure I've failed Maths. I just can't fathom it. sad.gif

Last year I was honestly convinced I'd failed maths - from the moment I left the exam room I thought that, because I actually forgot (honestly pinch.gif ) to use a calculator until 20 mins before the end of the calculator paper - I just passed wink.gif

So good luck in that. smile.gif

#59 Lucia

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:amateur genealogist/family historian

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Aug 7 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Lucia @ Aug 7 2006, 08:16 PM) View Post

Last year I was honestly convinced I'd failed maths - from the moment I left the exam room I thought that, because I actually forgot (honestly pinch.gif ) to use a calculator until 20 mins before the end of the calculator paper - I just passed wink.gif

So good luck in that. smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif Good luck with your results, and to everyone else..

#60 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:36 PM

12 hours to go. Still don't really care. dry.gif Hmm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users