Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Freshers Week - HSN forum - Page 3

Freshers Week

55 replies to this topic

#41 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:47 PM

In HMV you now need to get one their own "HMV Student Discount" cards, which is most annoying! But they don't ask for the NUS card.
Mark

#42 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:11 PM

I didn't realise Freshers' Week was this week.

Oops.
@

#43 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Sep 18 2006, 08:03 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Nathan @ Sep 18 2006, 04:10 PM) View Post

Freshers week has now started *dances* bring on the Automatic and GLC biggrin.gif

plus, i dont have to get up till 1 tomorrow biggrin.gif

DUDE. Were you in the Union today when they called free bar for an hour in the sports bar? I tells ye, that was some good drinking!

no mad.gif damn advisor of studies appointment sad.gif

#44 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:29 PM

I had that appointment today..

I'm just doing a mix of Gaelic - (re)learning the language and doing Gaelic Culture

For music I'm doing Composition and Music History.

And then for a further 20 credits I'm doing "Celtic Scotland" whichI totally amnt looking forward to.

Looks like a lot of writing.

OCH I WANT TO GO HOOOOOOOOOOME. crying.gif

#45 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(broughy @ Sep 19 2006, 12:22 PM) View Post

QUOTE(st-and Paul @ Sep 19 2006, 09:30 AM) View Post

Not being in the NUS is great, I still get all the discounts anyway and Snapfax in St Andrews is completely free. The fact that its completely useless and doesnt have many useful discounts is another matter tho dry.gif

nah, some places only give the discount with an NUS. the main one i have a problem with is Peacocks, they only do NUS discount. topshop used to be the same, but they don't seem to be as bad with it any more, & also HMV were the same, but i dunno if they still ask for an NUS card because i've not bought anything in there in ages!

HMV is ok usually. My friends who live in england tend to have a lot of trouble with not getting discounts, as in england the majority of places only accept NUS cards seeing as most english unis are in it. Not our fault that our union doesnt want to waste money on NUS membership so why should we be punished by not getting a discount somewhere?

#46 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:02 PM

Was up at Glasgow Uni yesterday for some freebies.

Got my snapfax, 3 it was and again is a must buy.

I'm not sure about this but the Party In You Pocket bus wasn't about, but i got a wee booklet from someone which seemed to be the same thing but with a slightly different name. Basically gives you free entry/reduced entry to most clubs in town. So i'm thinking PIYP card is no more and this arrival is it's new wee brother.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#47 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:58 PM

Tonight, I'm going to see the Venga Boys.

That's the plan anyway, it'll probably be too busy though by the time we get there. Seeing as Elaine is working until stupid o'clock.

#48 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

Anyone care to explain what a snapfax is, and why I should bother getting one? smile.gif

#49 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Sep 20 2006, 01:02 PM) View Post

Was up at Glasgow Uni yesterday for some freebies.

Got my snapfax, 3 it was and again is a must buy.

I'm not sure about this but the Party In You Pocket bus wasn't about, but i got a wee booklet from someone which seemed to be the same thing but with a slightly different name. Basically gives you free entry/reduced entry to most clubs in town. So i'm thinking PIYP card is no more and this arrival is it's new wee brother.

Ahhh yeah a Pocket Pages thing! Pfft, too big for my purse damnit, but still, it saves cash.

What's in the snapfax this year? I'm thinking I should probably get one.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#50 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:02 PM

Well, i think that The Garage is actually letting you in free before 11.30pm aslong as you have a matric card anyway, so it's useless really :-/ But it was free, and might come in handy for somewhere else?

Snapfax Glasgow main ones i can remember that interest me -

- 3 1 student ticket vouchers for Cineworld
- 20% off Dorothy perkins
- 10% new look (although you can just get that in store!)
- borders has one 15% off and the rest 10% i think
- china buffet king 15% off i think
- lots of 2-4-1 meals in various pubs
- drinks promotion for wetherspoons
- theres a Burton discount

and i really can't remember any more specifics, just the usual hairdressers and all that rubbish!

But basically, if you go to the pictures 3 times, it pays for the Snap fax and everything else is a bonus.

Get it tongue.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#51 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

yeah, sorry.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#52 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

I posted that twice, sorry!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#53 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

I was at Campus East last night, got totally wrecked. T'was fun. Almost got lucky too, but a jealous friend of the girl pulled her away just after she'd invited me to her flat. dry.gif

Oh well, it was a crazy night. biggrin.gif

#54 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Sep 20 2006, 04:49 PM) View Post

I was at Campus East last night, got totally wrecked. T'was fun. Almost got lucky too, but a jealous friend of the girl pulled her away just after she'd invited me to her flat. dry.gif

Oh well, it was a crazy night. biggrin.gif

argh! i was in Campus East last night too, was so sure i saw you in there, then was like, nah, it wouldn't be!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#55 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:22 PM

Really? Well I'm sure you'd have seen me signing with some other mates. That would confirm it was me. laugh.gif You don't often see people who looks like me signing. tongue.gif

#56 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:29 PM

hmmm, good point. i never thought of that (i mean that in the nicest possible way, honest!). maybe it wasn't you then. however it would seem rather odd for you to have a twin who was also at the same place, lol.
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users