Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Freshers Week - HSN forum

Freshers Week

55 replies to this topic

#1 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:32 AM

Ok, so I know uni doesn't start for ages, but I was bored an looking on the Strathclyde site and I saw that we're getting the Venga Boys for Freshers Week!

So tell me. What's happening at your university of choice during Freshers Week?

#2 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:44 AM

What?!

The Venga Boys?

I need to change Universities and quick lol

#3 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:33 PM

Forget the bloody vengaboys!!! we at strathclyde are welcoming THE FRATELLIS for freshers week! bring it on!

colin murray will also be there!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#4 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

Can randomers just turn up to meet the fratellis lol? What an awesome band.

#5 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(Dhesi @ Jul 28 2006, 02:37 PM) View Post

Can randomers just turn up to meet the fratellis lol? What an awesome band.

hmm, am not to sure on the conditions for seein the fratellis. I think u may need to be a strath student. Priority will also be given to those who purchase a freshers pass

i think!

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#6 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:36 PM

Dont know what the freshers programme is yet, but for here they only let st andies students into the union during freshers. I remember last year some strath students tried to get in just to have a few pints with their mates and see the comedian, but werent let in and the signing in ppl thing was not allowed.

Usually they have a bop, comedians and dj (was Sara Cox last year) and an excellent ceilidh last year which was ace fun. We had some band play as well last year but they werent that great, i remember the support act being a lot better!

#7 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:02 PM

i love freshers week. freebies galore.
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#8 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:46 PM

take it u'l be poppin along this year?? am not clued up on it all! u'l need to tell me were the freebies are and when! i always get the party in your pocket card, my life wouldnt be complete without it!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#9 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:58 PM

of course i'll be there. friday of freshers week, during the day, is the traders fair. go along & stock up on free pens, they'll last you all year if you're good at it! you'll probably have a maths department first day meeting that day anyway - at least, my friend has done the past few years! obviously there's the party in your pocket card, plus your NUS card aswell (some shops make you show these if you want their student discount so its worth getting). there's the union diary aswell, which is useful, saves you money on having to buy yourself a diary!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#10 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:21 PM

Yay, no need to visit Stationary Box, or my mums work biggrin.gif

#11 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:42 AM

I'm going to mis most of freshers' week, which kind of sucks.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#12 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:02 AM

I missed most of Freshers Week last year, 'cos I was the sick person.

That was a joy, let me tell you. =/

#13 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Jul 30 2006, 03:42 AM) View Post
I'm going to mis most of freshers' week, which kind of sucks.

But that means you miss out on Drunken Football. sad.gif

I don't have a clue what's going on at our one. Usually a few totally crap bands and some so-called "celebrities" turn up.

#14 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:01 PM

LMAO the vengaboys! The vengabus is coming....
OOh I'm soo looking forward to Freshers! I want freebies!!
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabarį ciego.
~Gandhi~

#15 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:25 AM

Nothing announced for Aberdeen yet...hmm! laugh.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#16 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:47 PM

Doesn't sound to inviting these freshers thingies. huh.gif

I don't want to go if its just a free pens and drunkards gathering. sad.gif

#17 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:11 PM

Edinburgh's Freshers Week

I can't believe I paid £27 for my Fresher's Pack last year. That thing was utter bollocks. That Tom bloke is well in for a kicking. His Top 5 events are all crap and I spent money buying his crappy Freshers Week pack last year.

#18 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:44 AM

Lol, you had to pay for a pack?? Thats a bit stingy of Edinburgh Uni!! Just got given millions of things when I got there!

#19 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:15 PM

there is freshers passes that you pay for at Strathclyde as well

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#20 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:00 AM

Awesome, Zane Lowe is playing at Edinburgh apparently!

Now, to get in? biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users