Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Muse - HSN forum

Muse

17 replies to this topic

#1 DazzM

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:WWE/Wrestling, MSN, PS2, Xbox, DVDs, havin fun with my mates, Reading, the usual malarky

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:40 PM

Any fans?

I think this is a great album, supermassive black hole is the worst song on the album, but map of the problematique rocks.

Any other muse fans here? Anybody goingto the tour?
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

#2 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:54 PM

I'm a big Muse fan, although I haven't got the new album yet. I'm too poor and unemployed to have money (Anyone got a job for me? tongue.gif)

I probably won't go to the tour, again because I don't have money tongue.gif

#3 DazzM

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:WWE/Wrestling, MSN, PS2, Xbox, DVDs, havin fun with my mates, Reading, the usual malarky

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

Tch!!

tongue.gif

Get some dough and go:D:D

Have you heard the new album yet?
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

#4 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:59 PM

I downloaded it, I dont think its as good as the last album wink.gif

#5 DazzM

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:01 PM

I agree, but, still, Starlight, Knights of Cydonia, and Map of the Problematique remain top highlights!
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

#6 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:00 PM

I've not got it yet, but I am going to see them at Meadowbank in a month or so. biggrin.gif I'm still disgusted that they're being supported by My Chemical Romance. pinch.gif

#7 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:21 PM

Top class album. Sheeesh, I was really worried when I heard Supermassive Black Hole but in the context of the album, it's fine.

Doesn't quite sound as "epic" as the last two have - especially Absolution - but it still blows most stuff being released nowadays out of the water. rolleyes.gif

I think Assassin and Knights of Cydonia have to be my favourite tracks - until you hear Matt's vocals come in in Assassin it could easily be a Dream Theater track!

#8 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Jul 19 2006, 10:00 PM) View Post

I've not got it yet, but I am going to see them at Meadowbank in a month or so. biggrin.gif I'm still disgusted that they're being supported by My Chemical Romance. pinch.gif

Likewise on both points. wink.gif

Put simply, this album is the best album they have ever done - they've always threatened to have a masterpiece, but before now have ruined albums with pointless tracks of squealing and general mucking about. This, on the other hand, will be remembered as the moment they became fantastic. Don't get me wrong, tunes like Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Time Is Running Out and Plug In Baby are utterly brill, but this whole album is utterly brill! Can't wait to see them live! cool.gif

Oh btw....Starlight is my favourite song off it, but City Of Delusion, Invincible and Knights Of Cydonia deserve honourable mentions! smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#9 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

Yeh, the album rocks. Took a while to grow on me though.

Not as good as Tools' "10,000" days though!

#10 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:25 PM

I haven't heard it yet but my brother recently downloaded it and he mentioned to me that 'Map of the problematique' was the best song on the album in his opinion. I should check it out sometime.

#11 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:33 AM

Last night could only be described as fricking awesome.

So I've just booked tickets to see them play the SECC in Glasgow. biggrin.gif

#12 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(Scott @ Aug 25 2006, 12:33 PM) View Post

Last night could only be described as fricking awesome.

So I've just booked tickets to see them play the SECC in Glasgow. biggrin.gif

As have I, better not be MCR supporting though! laugh.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#13 neilgravir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:10 PM

The riff at the end of Knights of Cydonia sold it to me.

The video of said song is also incredible.

I think it definatly equals the quality of their other albums.

#14 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:13 PM

FDXJVCLIEVF!!!

I wholly endorse the comment Scott made once which went along the lines of "Matt Bellamy is GOD".

The concert last night was TOO IMMENSE FOR WORDS.

-bows to Muse-

#15 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:59 PM

All I can say to that is pfft!

#16 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:26 PM

I got elbowed in the head at the gig last night, was still good though!

Probably preferred the Meadowbank gig as I didn't lose all my mates at that one! laugh.gif We started off at the front then two of them wanted out because they were crushed so I helped them out, then went back in, got elbowed in the head and made my own way back to the middle.

Also, some dirty French git whipped it out and took a piss in the middle of the crowd. sick.gif I jumped back to avoid getting covered in pish. Needless to say, he was getting pushed around a lot during the gig. laugh.gif

Oh, and last but certainly not least: Coatbridge at midnight, not a good idea!

#17 KDYFloorballer

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Floorball, Football, Music, Drawing, Technology

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

I'm a MUSE fan! The SECC gig was awsome!
BH&R is a great album and certainly rivals Absolution and OoS on being their best.

Here the post on my blog about it. smile.gif
http://graemeheggie.blogspot.com/2006/11/muse-gig_11.html

----

Anyone listen to the NEC show from a couple of weeks ago on Kerrang Radio?
I starting listening but my Dad threw me off the PC! I've been searvhing all over the place for a bootleg of it. I thought Microcuts might have one but not yet. sad.gif

#18 KDYFloorballer

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Floorball, Football, Music, Drawing, Technology

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:52 PM

http://www.microcuts.net/uk/downloads is a good site to download live songs and the off rare song.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users