Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Is there any way to find out exam pass rates? - HSN forum

Is there any way to find out exam pass rates?

11 replies to this topic

#1 AlexMcIver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:08 PM

Hello

There has been a lot on the news about how exam pass rates have risen. However, all they ever quote is the pass rates for English and Maths. There is never anything about other subjects or the percentages of people with A and B passes in their subjects. Are there any websites out there with this kind of information? Also, I'm curious about how many people in Scotland got 5 A Highers this year, have figures been released?

Thanks very much

Alex

#2 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:27 PM

SQA uploaded a file with all such information onto their site on August 9th. I believe it is now unavailable for public access but while it was online many people viewed it and some probably saved the file. Anyone?
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#3 AlexMcIver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:39 PM

Ah thanks, silly me, never thought to look at the SQA site. That's what I was looking for, though they don't seem to have released figures for the amount of people that got say 5 As, 4 As and a B etc. Silly SQA...

#4 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:27 PM

Alex I'm sure if you wrote to the SQA (emailed them)- at first they would be reluctant, then u'd say "so you didnt document the figures then?" and then they'd give you the figures.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#5 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:41 PM

Will this not be included in the PA report when it is released by the SQA??
Mark

#6 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Aug 16 2004, 06:41 PM)
Will this not be included in the PA report when it is released by the SQA??

View Post

Are you talking about the pass rates for each subject? They can be found here.

As for the number of people who got AAAAA, I'm not sure it's published (don't quote me on that). And as for the pass marks for each subject; well, these are included in the PA report.

#7 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 09:39 PM

Sorry - a little vague on my first reply!

The PA Report usually includes the number of people who passed that particular exam at each level A/B/C.
It also includes the percentage score required to achieve that particular threshold in the exam.

However, I do not think the SQA publish the statistics like who got AAAAA AAAAB!

You could try e-mailing like Louise said.
Mark

#8 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:47 AM

Were they not in some newspaper the day the results came out?

That's not much bloody good now, though, is it Lindsay?

It was a big newspaper, I know that much. A broadsheet. My grandpa reads them. I can't even hold onto them never mind read them. tongue.gif

And I still passed my English. Woo! biggrin.gif

#9 CurrieG2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 05:36 PM

Hi

I am just wondering when do the PA reports and the marking instructions come out??

CurrieG2 smile.gif

#10 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 05:48 PM

They come out in 'Autumn', but I'm not sure of the actual date. They should be out soon though.

#11 AlexMcIver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 06:02 PM

Autumn eh? That sounds good, now that I've found out my bands I'm curious how many people got 5 band 1s. Heh, I just keep getting greedier with my quest for useless statistics tongue.gif.

#12 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 04:17 PM

Just found a document telling you all the subjects which you can find your 'component mark' for:
Background Information on Component Marks 2004

Also, another document tell you the national component averages:
Component Averages Report 2004

The national mean for English in both Close Reading and Critical Essay is approx 50%. ohmy.gif

The national mean for Information Systems external exam was 45%. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users