Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Art forum title - HSN forum

The Art forum title

17 replies to this topic

#1 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:14 PM

Well firstly, thanks for making the forum happy.gif

Is there any chance that it could get a nice colourful forum title like the other ones have got biggrin.gif

Its little black default icon makes it look totally inferior to the other course forums! laugh.gif

IPB Image

Oh, and it should really be "Higher Art and Design", not just "Art" wink.gif

#2 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 15 2006, 04:14 PM) View Post
Well firstly, thanks for making the forum happy.gif

You're welcome tongue.gif

Is there any chance that it could get a nice colourful forum title like the other ones have got biggrin.gif

Sure, have you got any colour preferences?

Shades of blue, orange, red, and green are already pretty common. I'm sure an art student can come up with another nice colour though!

Oh, and it should really be "Higher Art and Design", not just "Art" wink.gif

Noted smile.gif

#3 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:34 PM

Im still trying to think about a colour!

Could it be multicoloured?? biggrin.gif

Not over-the-toply, just a nice blend of colours?

Please? That would be soooo cool happy.gif

#4 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:39 PM

or maybe art is just an inferior subject and should stay the way it is tongue.gif

since i am nice i would suggest either a magnolia kinda colour or something yellow anyway

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#5 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:02 AM

Noooo, it is a far superior subject actually. It jsut so happens taht most of the people who use hsn are nerds geeks "computer-lovers mathsy people" and they find it hard to understand the greatness of art and the need for a colourful forum title tongue.gif

Would magnolia be seen on that light blue background?

What font is it anyway? looks like...Miandra or whatever its called.

edit: in fact, give me a day, i want to come up with ideas. think of it as a free commission dry.gif

#6 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jul 22 2006, 01:02 AM) View Post

edit: in fact, give me a day, i want to come up with ideas. think of it as a free commission dry.gif

is someone feeling bored? rolleyes.gif

#7 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:15 PM

The font is Adobe Cronos, and I'm not sure that beige, or some sort of rainbow, would work dry.gif

I'm interested to see what you come up with biggrin.gif

#8 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:54 PM

Did you seriously pay 17.50 for a font?!? ohmy.gif

#9 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

IPB Image

smaller version:

IPB Image

I know that you said "some sort of rainbow" won't work, but these were made last week some time, and I didn't have time/was too lazy/too forgetfull to upload them. And I know they suck. Give me a break, I don't do this kind of stuff often tongue.gif

I just felt that a gradient would be good for an Art forum.

btw: To get the font right, I tested it existing images against a few. And that font is just Verdana... blink.gif

#10 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:18 PM

I prefer the smaller one...dunno why blink.gif

but yeah, that looks pretty cool

edit...i dunno why i'm bothering to post here....i'm not even interested in art! tongue.gif:

#11 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:37 PM

Noooo, it is a far superior subject actually. It jsut so happens taht most of the people who use hsn are nerds geeks "computer-lovers mathsy people" and they find it hard to understand the greatness of art and the need for a colourful forum title tongue.gif

WRONG!! am a 'mathsy' person, a maths student in fact....but i love art! done it all the way through school, rite up to advanced higher! maths and art were my choices for higher education...i decided maths had better career paths tho!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#12 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:37 PM

Well I did say "most", not "all" so I am right tongue.gif

What did you get for Adv Higher? (I got my stuff back from the SQA today biggrin.gif ) Did you apply to art college? And you're right in saying theres no real career path in art. Which is why im going to uni instead of art college despite thje fact I got in.

I'm still looking at ideas for this wee logo thingy. Its nothing v different to the other ones obviously, I'm just bored and having fun stuart.gif

#13 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:15 AM

I got a C for AH Art...am gona be biased and say I should have got at least a B...when the teacher gave predicted grades out, he gave me an A, so when I seen a C on my certificate, i was very disappointed!! He couldnt even appeal for me cos there was ppl worse of with D's and fails who he had to appeal for! grrr!

so wot is it ur actually gona do at uni instead of art??

oh, and i finks a multi coloured title would be best!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#14 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE(Paul @ Jul 25 2006, 01:15 AM) View Post

I got a C for AH Art...am gona be biased and say I should have got at least a B...when the teacher gave predicted grades out, he gave me an A, so when I seen a C on my certificate, i was very disappointed!! He couldnt even appeal for me cos there was ppl worse of with D's and fails who he had to appeal for! grrr!

so wot is it ur actually gona do at uni instead of art??

oh, and i finks a multi coloured title would be best!

Gaelic and Music Studies tongue.gif There is the possibility I might still go to art school but I don't know. To be honest, everything I'm interested in has pretty much no career at the end of it. Which sucks. wink.gif

I'm estimated at an A band 1 in art. Not that I'm bothered what band I get, but I'm hoping for an A or a B. ph34r.gif

Unfortunately art is my only strong subject. wink.gif

#15 Blondie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Computers, space, drawing, music, pirates, ice cream, writing, sewing, etc etc.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:57 PM

This thread title caught my attention when I was bored. Comment: Yeah, A&D needs a picture thingy, but not rainbowy. tongue.gif Your complaint earlier was that it looked inferior, if you make it all colourful and stuff, it'll shout out, "Hey we're better than you 'cause we get a flashier title!" tongue.gif

Why am I posting here again?
-Blondie.

Whoa, I actually have something to put down here!

Crafting Journal!

#16 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:18 PM

Well art is undoubtedly better.

I said I wanted something that'd fit in with the other titles - it'd look plain stupid if it was alll glittery and I don't think Mr George would allow it anyway.

Im still thinking about this. As long as its not pink im semi happy. wink.gif

#17 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:03 PM

in fact, give me a day, i want to come up with ideas. think of it as a free commission dry.gif

Hmmm...9 months later I'm still thinking about this and I will definiitely try to come up with something soonish - I really am determind to do this. ph34r.gif

#18 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

I really do promise. Trust me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users