Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
World Cup 2006 - HSN forum - Page 8

World Cup 2006

197 replies to this topic

#141 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:10 PM

www.ihateronaldo.com now while I must say Rooney's stamp was absolutely shocking, Ronaldo's wink if you look closely also says something.

#142 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:28 PM

you have to admit some of that is pretty funny

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#143 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:50 PM

The English...champions of fair play rolleyes.gif should be applauding Ronaldo for pointing out a grave mistake by the referee. wink.gif laugh.gif

We'll just forget the Crouch hair pull against T&T, Gerrard's dive against Hungary and any penalty Michael Owen has ever won.

Typical scapegoat hunting. Ronaldo did very little wrong and he's better person than half the gits in that studio. He donates money to charities and brought kids from the tsunami disaster to watch the world cup at his own expense. Ian Wright on the other hand made a career out of assaulting other players. Shearer also elbowed defenders in the face and almost decapitated Neil Lennon. And you can guarantee those two bastards were the first two to argue with a referee over a decision.

#144 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, they chose him as their scapegoat, as he scored the winning penalty against England. mad.gif

#145 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

Shearer - "What makes me even more gutted about being knocked out is the teams left in the semis, I mean, only one or two players from those four countries would get in our team..."

Eh? Arrogant git. dry.gif

Buffon,
Nesta, Grosso, Cannavaro, Thuram
C.Ronaldo, Gattuso, Zidane, Pirlo
Henry, Totti/Del Piero

Go on...try and argue your case now! Twat. mad.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#146 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

Fucks sake, try every player in all teams!

#147 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

England may have got to the Quarter Finals, but for me there were about 12 teams that played far better than them.

#148 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:23 PM

Haha, I had a £20 bet that either France or Italy would win the world cup with my friends. Go me.

Anyway, I do think that Ronaldo deserves some criticism for what he done. Then again, England were pretty pish no matter how much the English commentators will go on about their heroic performance.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#149 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:06 PM

we love you Bastian Schweinsteiger

15 oz steak and a 24 pack of Becks, ... yep im ready for the final
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#150 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:46 PM) View Post

Shearer - "What makes me even more gutted about being knocked out is the teams left in the semis, I mean, only one or two players from those four countries would get in our team..."

Eh? Arrogant git. dry.gif

Buffon,
Nesta, Grosso, Cannavaro, Thuram
C.Ronaldo, Gattuso, Zidane, Pirlo
Henry, Totti/Del Piero

and Vieira, Makalele...and any goalkeeper in those 4 teams hahaha (oh right I see u done a squad of 11 ^). Terry and Gerrard (and Crouch biggrin.gif) are the only players I would consider putting in a World 11

about the ronaldo / rooney incident. Im a bit pissed off about how the media is stirring up the sudden rivalry and hatred between them. It was the quarter final, heat of the moment, and rooney pushed ronaldo. IMO, that didn't mean much other than just Rooney's stupid temperament. He would have pushed anybody. I doubt they can't play along together and manure, but then again, Ronaldo wants to leave so....

QUOTE(dehny @ Jul 9 2006, 12:06 AM) View Post

we love you Bastian Schweinsteiger

15 oz steak and a 24 pack of Becks, ... yep im ready for the final

I correctly predicted it would be 3-1 to the germans! (I also predicted the goals to all come in the 2nd half)

#151 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:15 AM

I love Schweinsteiger, he's basically guaranteed me victory in my fantasy footie league! biggrin.gif

Anyway, the big one today...I'll plump for a tight 2-1 France aet...a fitting send-off for Zidane, Thuram, Makelele et al. smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#152 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Jul 9 2006, 12:15 PM) View Post

I love Schweinsteiger, he's basically guaranteed me victory in my fantasy footie league! biggrin.gif

Anyway, the big one today...I'll plump for a tight 2-1 France aet...a fitting send-off for Zidane, Thuram, Makelele et al. smile.gif

the next Ballack mark my words

shame about Kahn, lnew it was coming but still sad.gif
My profile

Über alles in der Welt,
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Über alles in der Welt.

#153 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:49 PM

IPB Image

That is all.
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#154 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:58 PM

this has to be one of the poorest finals of all time, certainly of all that ive seen, (1990 onward), neither team showed any huge talent as in previous games, finished on penalties as it had to be since neither showed the strength to take it in ET nevermind normal time. rather disgustingly this match had such huge potential to be one of the greatest ever

it should have been a showcase yet it wasnt but ive spoken to friends and we still reminisce about the French performance in 98

poor end to a great tournament
My profile

Über alles in der Welt,
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Über alles in der Welt.

#155 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:35 PM

Pff, that was fun. Zidane ending his career like that! Great TV.

#156 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:39 PM

Zidane. OMGWTF?! First half was great, 2nd half Italy went on the defensive lowering the quality of the match.

#157 Pringles

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:51 PM

The football could have been better in this final, and it would probably have been better had the match not went to penalties, yet this match was full of drama which at the end of the day is what makes footbal enjoyable

#158 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

First half was good, second boring as hell!

Felt that the penalty was a clear dive but other than that officials did really well. Some good calls.

Zidane ends his career in disgrace in my eyes, wtf was that all about really? Pathetic, frankly.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#159 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Jul 9 2006, 11:08 PM) View Post

First half was good, second boring as hell!

Felt that the penalty was a clear dive but other than that officials did really well. Some good calls.

Zidane ends his career in disgrace in my eyes, wtf was that all about really? Pathetic, frankly.

what are you talking about he tripped unsure.gif unsure.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
My profile

Über alles in der Welt,
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Über alles in der Welt.

#160 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

Zidane Zidane Zidane what where u playing at??

hasnt been the best world cup imo. bit...meh!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users