Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Crashing - HSN forum

Crashing

1 reply to this topic

#1 gsmushet1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:29 AM

Any advice on crashing Higher Bio?? I was gonna take time this summer to learn or go over at least some of the SG material....but any other advice would be great too?!

Thanks

Mush....

#2 jackbauer

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

there was an interesting discussion on this a while ago:

http://www.hsn.uk.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2838

can I draw your attention to this in particular:

QUOTE(PinkFloyd @ May 10 2006, 01:52 AM) View Post

Having finished the course now, I would recommend anyone who wants to crash Higher Biology to go ahead and do it!!!

It's not an easy course at all like some are saying, but it isn't really a hard one either with proper and frequent revision. There are lots of information and random factoids, lots of strange vocabulary and concepts and lots of confusing diagrams especially for a Biology n00b, but it doesn't take too long to get used to. It also helps if you're interested in the topics. (I initially found nearly all the plant stuff DULL and then sucked at them)

Also, reading over either the Standard Grade course or the Higher course beforehand isn't worth it, it'll only make it look harder than it is. The other sciences (and, apparently, SG Biology) didn't help much either. Three people are crashing it this year at my school and we've all been predicted A grades, so you're probably not going to be at a disadvantage either.

To summarise: Take it. TAKE IT!!!

any more questions, there's lots of lovely people on this site who'll help ( biggrin.gif )

please do post back here & let us all know what you decide/ how you're doing.

Good Luck! smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users