Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Glasgow '06 - HSN forum

Glasgow '06

10 replies to this topic

#1 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:00 AM

So, who's all heading to Glasgow Uni this year? Are you staying in Glasgow?

I'm going to do something along the lines of economics/politics/philosophy and will be staying in a Murano Street flat with 4 or 5 other people.

#2 loz

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:23 PM

I am also going to Glasgow this year to study Maths. I have also got a place in Murano Street flats, think it's the 4 - 5 people one.
Cant wait to start uni and make new friends smile.gif

#3 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:27 AM

hey me too lol
im in 4/5 person murano flat an doin french an german and can't wait
ooh thats quite weird

#4 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:00 PM

You're doing French?

Do you want books?! biggrin.gif

I have them, virtually untouched.

Unless they've changed the book list that is.

#5 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:32 PM

I'm hopefully going into 2nd year Comp Sci and Maths after summer. For the person doing 1st year maths if you've done the advanced higher it should be a breeze for you but the notes were poor, mainly in 2nd term.

#6 waitingforan_alibi

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:39 PM

is anybody going into first year of physics/maths at glasgow?

#7 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

i'm *hopefully* going to do chemistry with maths....wish they would hurry up and send me confirmation sad.gif

#8 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(waitingforan_alibi @ Aug 15 2006, 07:39 PM) View Post

is anybody going into first year of physics/maths at glasgow?

i done maths and physics (and geography) 2 years ago. I hated glasgow uni (sorry to upset u folk!)...

Maths was a doddle since I got A for advanced higher. But, the notes they give are a mess and the dept is disorganised!

As for Physics! OMG i found it sooo hard! I done Higher Physics and i ended up givin up at uni...it was shockingly hard lol

So I decided to leave Glasgow Uni for good and move to Strathclyde! I am lovin it soo much more there! Everythings so much simpler and more student orientated! And the unions better tongue.gif

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#9 waitingforan_alibi

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(Paul @ Aug 18 2006, 02:55 PM) View Post

i done maths and physics (and geography) 2 years ago. I hated glasgow uni (sorry to upset u folk!)...

Maths was a doddle since I got A for advanced higher. But, the notes they give are a mess and the dept is disorganised!

As for Physics! OMG i found it sooo hard! I done Higher Physics and i ended up givin up at uni...it was shockingly hard lol

So I decided to leave Glasgow Uni for good and move to Strathclyde! I am lovin it soo much more there! Everythings so much simpler and more student orientated! And the unions better tongue.gif

i got an A for AH maths and physics so i think that i probably wont find physics as difficult as you did.... hopefully it will be OK wacko.gif

#10 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Aug 15 2006, 08:46 PM) View Post

i'm *hopefully* going to do chemistry with maths....wish they would hurry up and send me confirmation sad.gif

I did chemistry last year, it was pretty straight forward. They give you little tests every couple of months to make you study during the year. The labs are fun. Most of the lecturers are good esp Bob Hill and his Jesus Sandals.

What third subject you thinking on?
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#11 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:49 PM

dunno, tbh...maybe physics or geography

Bob Hill sounds like my old biology teacher....he wears Jesus Sandals, even in winter (he wears socks then as well) tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users