Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
So how did you find the exam? - HSN forum

So how did you find the exam?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:23 AM

It was a lot easier than I expected. After taking a look at the specimen paper this morning, I think I was ready to break down and cry. But I ended up finding it, dare I say it, pretty easy.

The only part I didn't get was the question about 'House Styles'. I've never heard that term before. :/

So how'd you all take it?

#2 blairlv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:12 AM

House styles are like the document structure and style that should be maintained within the document - in keeping with all documents made in the workplace. This is achieved by the use of style sheets so font size, type, colour and such were what you were looking for as far as i know.

I found the exam quite good until i got to Expert Systems - my own personal knowledge is based around The Internet, but alas my school prefer Expert Systems. I find i would have done better with the Internet section. smile.gif

#3 kingding

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:18 AM

hmm the exam was alright, but there were a few questions that i was unsure of. The personal information management one was tough, and also the backup strategy one. What u put for those ones?

#4 Misbah

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:17 PM

yeh i thought it was a good paper too. yeh i didn' t know what house syles were but i put down fonts, headings etc.
what country did you put for the DPA question?

#5 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:25 PM

The backup strategy one threw me a bit...I mean, whoa 5 marks...I just kinda said they should use G-F-S backup daily on the work files and then backup at the end of every week for the full system. Errrr, other stuff I wrote was about doing it at night, using tapes and automating it.

Wasn't sure about the country data should not be transmitted to...guessed at USA.

#6 kingding

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

i put the USA because it has a lesser level of data protection than Britain and so data cannot be exported to that country.

#7 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(Misbah @ Jun 1 2006, 01:17 PM) View Post

what country did you put for the DPA question?

I put the USA, as it's outside the EU, and I'm sure our DPA only applies to the countries under the EU.

#8 Misbah

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

wohoo i rote USA too
but i wrote sum rubbish like its not signed under the DPA lol

yeh i agree the back up was a bit weird for 5 marks.

#9 Tiger

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:09 PM

I found the exam ok, would hav been really easy if i had done more revision maybe. What did everyone gt for da normalisation question n then cardinality question? Also what did da entity relationship diagram look like?

#10 Misbah

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

i got one-to -one for both of them that seemed a bit odd wink.gif
cant remeber the normalisation or the diagram rolleyes.gif

#11 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(Misbah @ Jun 1 2006, 03:12 PM) View Post

i got one-to -one for both of them that seemed a bit odd wink.gif

Thank God I wasn't the only one who got that.

#12 Jamie Doc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:43 PM

3NF

Cust No
Cust Name
Cust Address
Cust Tel

[/u]Cust No *
Item *
Order Date
Item Quantity

Item
Description
Price
Supplier Name*

Supplier Name
Supplier Address
Supplier Tel

pretty sure that's right

#13 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE(Jamie Doc @ Jun 1 2006, 06:43 PM) View Post

Cust No *
Item *
Order Date
Item Quantity

I'm pretty sure that you'd use Order Date as part of the key. After all, you can order the same goods on more than one occaision, and you wouldn't have a unique identifier unless you used Order Date.

#14 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Jun 2 2006, 08:47 AM) View Post

I'm pretty sure that you'd use Order Date as part of the key. After all, you can order the same goods on more than one occaision, and you wouldn't have a unique identifier unless you used Order Date.

Yeah, I agree. I made Customer No. + Order Date into a compound key for that question.

#15 hmmm

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:48 PM

Yeah same, what did every one do for the ERD ?

#16 Jamie Doc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

SORRY THAT WAS A MISTAKE. MEANT TO PUT ORDER DATE AS PRIMARY KEY AND NOT ITEM QUANTITY !!

Cust No
Cust Name
Cust Address
Cust Tel

Cust No *
Item *
Order Date
Item Quantity

Item
Description
Price
Supplier Name*

Supplier Name
Supplier Address
Supplier Tel

#17 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:01 AM

In that case, I agree with the solution posted. You have to use "Item" as well as the other two because one could also potentially have two orders on the same day.

#18 blondie191

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(Bucky Fullerene @ Jun 1 2006, 11:23 AM) View Post

It was a lot easier than I expected. After taking a look at the specimen paper this morning, I think I was ready to break down and cry. But I ended up finding it, dare I say it, pretty easy.

The only part I didn't get was the question about 'House Styles'. I've never heard that term before. :/

So how'd you all take it?

It was alrite but still generally a pretty hard paper. That back up strategy one was murder, i mean how vague can you get?
But there was still a lot of questions I answered well, the Internet section was much much better than the last two. I Havnt got my paper i didnt want to see it again. Soooooooooooo glad its all over.

Done done done!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users