Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Glasgow Uni Any1? - HSN forum

Glasgow Uni Any1?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:50 AM

Hey,

Jus wondering if ther is any1 goin to Glasgow Uni at the end of Septemer, and if so, what subject, goin to freshers week, hd any interviews, lookin forward to it....etc

Jus bein my nosey self wink.gif

Shandogg
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#2 Stevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(Shandogg @ Aug 13 2004, 08:50 AM)
Hey,

Jus wondering if ther is any1 goin to Glasgow Uni at the end of Septemer, and if so, what subject, goin to freshers week, hd any interviews, lookin forward to it....etc

Jus bein my nosey self  wink.gif

Shandogg

View Post

Hey!

I'm going to Glasgow Uni in September to do Computing Science and Physics. I've met with my advisor of studies, all they did really was check my details were correct and ask me why I chose to go to Glasgow Uni! I plan on going to Freshers Week but I think i'll be working while a lot of the events are on.

Steven

#3 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:38 PM

I don't have a prospectus for Glasgow right now, however I might be going to either Strathclyde or Glasgow university to study Mathematics and Computing Science. I am uncertain if I have enough qualifications, I currently have AAB (appealing B) and Strathclyde needs ABBC or BBBB, so I only need another higher at C. Do any of you know what you need to get into Glasgow uni for the maths and computing science course?

More than likely, I'll be going to Glasgow. I'm going to an open day later on in the year.

Thanks for any help!

#4 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 22 August 2004 - 07:31 PM

fearfactor47....to get into Glasgow's Science Faculty, you need to have 4 Bs with at least 2 being sciences

Steven....who did u have ur interview with? I had mine with D Moore....u mite have been 1 of the ppl who I was seeing him with!??! I chose Maths + Physics + Geography - I plan on goin to Freshers' Week as well....but I will probs be workin 2 mad.gif !

Shandogg
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#5 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:17 PM

Do maths and geography count as sciences?

Thanks Shandogg.

#6 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 05:42 PM

Yeh Maths has always been a Science....but Geography can also be taken as a subject within the faculty of arts

Maths is part of the 'Information and Mathematical Sciences'
eg Statistics, Psychology, Computing Science.... etc

Geogrpaphy is part of the 'Physical Sciences'
eg Physics, Chemisty, Astronomy.....etc

And the other Science is 'Biological Sciences'
eg Biology, Biomedical Sciences....etc

These 3 Science depts make up the 'Faculty of Science', each individual subject, eg maths, physics is a sub-dept of the main dept

Hope u understand now!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#7 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:07 PM

My brother's at Glasgow doing some sort of Chemistry thing.

Wow, how random was that?

#8 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:00 PM

Nothing wrong with randomness! It rules the world...

Anyway, yeah, I'm thinking about Glasgow Uni for something Biology related. Should get an unconditional but will I get an interview?
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#9 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Aug 23 2004, 07:00 PM)

Anyway, yeah, I'm thinking about Glasgow Uni for something Biology related. Should get an unconditional but will I get an interview?

View Post

no, dont think so... my friend got an unconditional for Biomedical Sciences at Glasgow and she didnt get and interview
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#10 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Aug 23 2004, 07:00 PM)

View Post

God love randomosity. As a very wise friend of mine said, "Randomness is so RANDOM! But good." He is actually intelligent, which is scary.

ANYWAY, I want to go to Glasgow Uni next year to do French.

#11 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Aug 24 2004, 06:02 PM)

View Post

In your first year at Glasgow Uni....u study 3 subjects....wot other 2 subjects do u plan to take?

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#12 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(Shandogg @ Aug 25 2004, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE(Lindsay @ Aug 24 2004, 06:02 PM)

View Post

In your first year at Glasgow Uni....u study 3 subjects....wot other 2 subjects do u plan to take?

View Post

I'll think about that nearer the time.

I'm far too laid back sometimes. =/

#13 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:29 PM

sometimes its a healthy thing to be laidback!

I am the total opposite, I have to plan things way in advance! I do things like work out my wages 2 weeks before I get paid...and plan wot I am gonna buy and then see how much I have left....this is 2 WEEKS before payday.....

I gotta stop being like this!! lol

Shandogg
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#14 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:50 PM

Any1 starting Glasgow Uni Freshers week on tuesday???

Shandogg
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users