Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What are your plans now? - HSN forum - Page 2

What are your plans now?

31 replies to this topic

#21 Douglas

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:41 PM

Got three A's and a B this year so staying for another year.
Doing AH Chem and Maths and doing crash higher Biology. You all seem to be doing so much this year have you all forgotton that sixth year is only a warm up to the joys of first year at uni!!

Want to go off to do medicine but highly doubt i will be accepted anywhere with only AAABB so will also apply for pharmacy.

#22 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:58 PM

I am goin to Glasgow Uni to study Maths Geography and Physics, hopefully whittling these down to Maths to gain a BSc Degree/ Msci Degree
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#23 Laura

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE(Douglas @ Aug 13 2004, 06:41 PM)
Got three A's and a B this year so staying for another year.
Doing AH Chem and Maths and doing crash higher Biology. You all seem to be doing so much this year have you all forgotton that sixth year is only a warm up to the joys of first year at uni!!

Want to go off to do medicine but highly doubt i will be accepted anywhere with only AAABB so will also apply for pharmacy.

View Post

Hi Douglas,

I also want to apply to study medicine and have been doing a bit of research. Dundee university only requires AAABB at higher, and there may also be a couple more which require the same (I think St Andrews is also AAABB), you should check out the UCAS website. (I think Liverpool's requiremets might be slightly lower, and also possibly Hull/York, but you would need to check because it might have changed).

Some English Universities only consider Highers in conjunction with Advanced Highers so if you applied there, you would be given a conditional offer on the strengh of your predicted grades for this year. Hope that helps a bit smile.gif

Laura smile.gif

#24 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 05:05 PM

Hello people who wanted to do medicine, in fact hello everyone, here's some advice....

Yes you'll also find that the required entry grades on some scottish universities prospectuses are "competetive entry grades" and not what is actually required. U are best to apply for any uni u want to go to after all they can only say no! Anyway usually the clearing system helps those with grades lower than expected (ask your teachers about this if u have no idea what I'm talking about) and choosing a " reasonably challenging syllabus" (quote from strathclyde uni there!) and/or staying on for a sixth year always helps!

Positivity is the key people!

OK , Yeh as for what I'm doing this year- I am doing Adv Maths, Higher Info Sys, Higher Accounts and Higher Spanish and I hope to be able to apply and get an unconditional for Starthclyde Uni as I just love their flexi-ish BA in the Strathclyde Business School, there the only Uni I know to do such a flexible course!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#25 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:58 PM

my my LouiseMurphy you tone has changed cince this nasqa game started you have gone all restrained and teacherish!!

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#26 sevenredribbons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 05:27 PM

I'm staying on and doing:

A level english
A level government and political studies
AH french
A level general studies

:s what a fun year! After 6th year I'm hoping to do law at Cambridge

#27 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 06:26 PM

Next year I'm doing

AH English
AH French
H Media Studies

And that's it because the teacher who changed my timetable is a perv and lets the girlies away with murder. biggrin.gif

#28 AlexMcIver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:25 PM

I plan on doing:
A-Level Physics
A-Level Geography
AH Maths

I was half considering doing Higher Chemistry but i decided I'd rather not push myself too hard in sixth year. It seems like being a good lot of fun so far, which I hope continues!

Edit: Thanks for pointing that out, I meant to say I was doing AH Maths, but messed up the typing a bit.

#29 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:38 PM

Why are you taking A-level Physics and AH Physics? Or was it just a typo?

#30 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(onlycowdenfanhere @ Aug 10 2004, 11:42 PM)
Hey i wud like to do tht wot do u need to get into tht course???? unsure.gif

View Post

For Strathclyde you need AABB or BBBBB or ABBBC or BBBBCC.

For Glasgow its AAAAB or between ABBBB and AAABB will get u a unconditional or a conditional.

View Post

I'm rather interested in doing Law & Politics also. But for some reason I can't find any info about it on the Strathclyde or Glasgow websites. The only uni that I can find offering that course is Paisley :S

I must be daft because I can't find it at all. And I really wanna go to Strathclyde and that course really would appeal to me. Hmm. Help?
@

#31 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:21 PM

You can do Law and Politics at Strathclyde according to their prospectus. This is with the Faculty Law, Arts and Social Sciences. (Page 103 to be precise tongue.gif )

You can order a prospectus from http://www.strath.ac.uk
Mark

#32 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Aug 25 2004, 09:21 PM)
You can do Law and Politics at Strathclyde according to their prospectus. This is with the Faculty Law, Arts and Social Sciences.  (Page 103 to be precise tongue.gif )

You can order a prospectus from http://www.strath.ac.uk

View Post

Cheers! smile.gif

I was meaning to order a prospectus, but when I couldn't find the course in the on-line I thought "Pfft!" then didn't bother odering one.

I've just ordered one now though. Thanks for helping!
@

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users