Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Your Results - HSN forum - Page 3

Your Results

110 replies to this topic

#41 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:13 PM

I goooooot...

Chemistry - A
French - A
Maths - A
English - B
Physics - B

And I'm chuffed to bits! biggrin.gif

#42 Vazza

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 02:39 PM

Hey all
You seem to have done pretty well.
Heres my results (Highers):
Maths -A (And I was told I wouldn't get it cool.gif )
Info Systems - B (What I wanted)
Chemistry- C
Biology- C
English- C

And just found out i have my second choice course place biggrin.gif

#43 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 03:23 PM

Well Done everyone on the gr8 results!!!

I got....

Modern Studies A
Physics A
Maths A
French B
English B

I am really chuffed!! biggrin.gif

My post didnt cum till 11.15...... wasnt too happy! But it was worth the wait! tongue.gif

#44 Star

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 03:34 PM

well done 2 you ppl with fabby results!

I got 4As in Eng,Hist,Bio + Maths (will never understand that one!) + a B in Chem (sad yet expected)
Overall i'm well chuffed....except with my lazy postman

#45 sevenredribbons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 04:01 PM

I'm so chuffed, i got my 6 As in eng, maths, mod studs (big surprise!), human bio, chem and french smile.gif

congrats to everyone! xx

#46 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 10 August 2004 - 04:13 PM

I got 6 A's in maths, english, geography, physics, chemistry and computing.

I didn't get my results till ten minutes ago becuase I was on work experience and I wanted to open the envelope myself.

Well done everyone!
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#47 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 05:24 PM

I got 4 A's and a B

Computing Higher - A
Chemistry Higher - A
Physics Higher - A
Maths Higher - A
English Higher - B

biggrin.gif I am chuffed to bits, exactely the same as my prelim results! smile.gif

Well done to everybody!
Mark

#48 hssc11045

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 05:25 PM

ohmy.gif My results arrived at 1230!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 hour wait!!!!!1 ohmy.gif

got an A in computing and modern studies, a B in maths and history and a C in english!

I was ill and did not do the history exam so was quite pleased my appeal came through with my results although I thought i had more than enough for an A but a B is good and can still take AH..............a thot i did really well in english but the C just proves that I should give up on that subject!!!!!!!

#49 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:35 PM

I am officially the Biz Wiz:

Adv A Business Management
H A Administration
H C English this year
user posted image
user posted image

#50 Silver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:Chasing WB execs with a knife- damn those Angel cancellers
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, ice skating, my pond, the supernatural, Ginger Snaps (I and II), Thirteen, Graphic design, Flash movies, RPGs (playing and creating), drawing, writing

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:40 PM

I got AAABB,

A in Art, IS and English and Bs in Physics and Maths. I was a bit disappointed with the Maths and Physics but I'm over it now lol cos my mates about to kill me for saying it.

*Cries*

#51 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:56 PM

i got

A-maths
A-computing
B-chem
B-Physics
C-English

I really angry/gutted at my results cos i always felt i did better than that

The irony is with these results i could easily get into 90-95% of all the course scotland uni's have to offer, problem is that it doesn't include MEng computer science and most people and my friend beat me with their results sad.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#52 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 07:39 PM

It's weird, I don't know HOW to feel about my results:

For my prelims, I got A's for Maths, Computing and Physics, and Fails for English and Chemistry.

Now my resultsh ave came through, I got an A for physics and computing, a B for maths, and a C for chemistry and a fail for English.

I'm dissapointed that I went from a A to a B for my maths, but happy as I went from a fail to a C for int 2 chemistry (the only int2 I'm sitting),.,,,

Anyone got advice? sad.gif

p.s. In my maths prelim I got 80.1%....

#53 Louisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 07:42 PM

Hey everyone and well done to all! biggrin.gif

I got (all AHs by the way):

A for biology, B for maths and chemistry

I wanted to get an A for maths but I am pleased about my chemistry mark as I didn't feel the exam went too well.

#54 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:07 PM

hey!
Well my post didnt come.. at all. Yesterday it came at like 6.55 so i was up at about 7.15 waitin for my results.. but no. Five hours later i went round to the post office to ask.. they said that a postman was off ill and they were just leaving my street till last! oh boy i was mad!

Anyway.. im chuffed to bits with my results, i got A's in maths,german and physics and B's in chemistry and english. So chuffed i was thinkin that i wouldnt even pass chemistry!

Does anyone know, for appeals is it possible for you to go up 2 or more grades? For example, can you go from a C to an A? I was under the impression you couldnt.

Gill x
user posted image

#55 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:32 PM

can you go from a C to an A? I was under the impression you couldnt.

Gill x

View Post

How, do you know anyone that has had their grade go from a C to an A? I was under the impression that you could only move up to the next band (or maybe it is the next grade?), but then again I don't really know that much about appeals.

Anyway, well done!

#56 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:33 PM

Gillian, I don't think you can. I think that you can only appeal for the grade that you got in your prelim, i.e. if you got an A for maths in your prelim, and failed the final exam, you could only appeal for an A --- I think ----.

To answer your question, I think it's unlikely the SQA will upgrade people 2 grades (from C---->A), it's just too big a jump. I've also heard that the SQA rarely give out A's ....

#57 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:38 PM

yeh.. its not for me obviously - just a few people i know were apparently predicted an A for art but got a C or a D in their results today. I thought that you could only move up one grade regardless, i mean i could be wrong but i seen sumthin on the sqa site sayin that. thanks for the help.

Gill x
user posted image

#58 Pigwig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 10:11 PM

Hi! I'm new to this site but I was wondering what people got for AH Art Portfolio or any other artistic subject they took? Moreover I'm wondering if there are people out there who are extremely shocked at the results they received? Also can I ask if I'm the only one who is really infuriated with some aspects of the SQA award scheme e.g. the appeals system and the introduction of grade D?

#59 Bigmanstu

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:20 PM

I need some advice.

For my prelim I was predicted 5 A's.

However exam results give me 3 A's and 2 B's

The two B's were for:

Chemistry - 80% prelim mark
English - 78.5% prelim mark

I am not sure whether the SQA look at appeals for upgrades to my type of results to bring them up to what was expected so I don't know whether to try or not. To be honest I don't want to waste anyone's time but I would like to see them upgraded because I felt that I had done better and I have let down my school; my teachers; and myself.

What do I do? I need some plain talking advice! sad.gif

#60 30111987

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:43 PM

well
if ur not going to need the better results then i'd not appeal

if u have a really strong appeal fair enough, but prelims arent the only thing they look at
NABs and practice papers are also useful

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users