Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Your Results - HSN forum - Page 6

Your Results

110 replies to this topic

#101 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:01 AM

i have not ally

its not just admin error, marking errors too!

#102 Infinite_Dreams

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 03:12 PM

Someone should email the SQA and see what they have to say because there's way too much angst in this thread.

#103 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 04:52 PM

Yo guys. Its Louise here again. James1 ur being controversial again I see. Still its good to hear from you. Ok so heres my results folks:

Chemistry A
Maths A
Computing A
English B
Business B

Ok now people if you wish to complain to the SQA following your exam results but in a collective way then email ur comments to the National Appeal for Students Qualifications and Awards via their website at
www.nasqa.org.

I hear that art is a subject where there apperas to have been a marking error, there certainly has been for pupils at my school, can anyone else confirm this?

Admin, Info Systems and English have been reviewed by nasqa and a full review document sent. Reply is hopefully in the pipeline.

If you any issues with any of the subjects previously mentioned or any other subjects contact the nasqa email addresses or the studentline at Careers Scotland (number should have come in leaflet with SQA certificate) or contact the SQA directly on results2004@sqa.org.uk or 0845 278 8080. After all theres no use in just being angry, you gotta let em know what the problem is! I aint got no problems myself but hey some of you might!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#104 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(LouiseMurphy @ Aug 14 2004, 04:52 PM)
I hear that art is a subject where there apperas to have been a marking error, there certainly has been for pupils at my school, can anyone else confirm this?

View Post

I can definitely confirm this!! At my school there are about 15 AH pupils who were all predicted a pass - only 2 passed with Cs. 5 of us were predicted As, only 1 got C and rest failed the other C went to sum1 predicted a B, all those other ppl predicted Bs and Cs got nuffin!!

I was the 1 predicted an A and got a C - and I aint happy! I am goin into skool on monday to try and go for an appeal along with maths which I was predicted and A and got a B (got btween 85-90% in both prelims)

ANY1 ELSE LIKE TO CONFIRM THEIR ANGER BOUT THEIR UNDER GRADED AH ART FOLIOS??

Shandogg
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#105 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(LouiseMurphy @ Aug 14 2004, 05:52 PM)

View Post

I can relate. I was awarded a C in Art & Design whilst my friend was awarded a B and although it is mostly subjective I feel strongly that his work was not deserved of a higher grade. My friend worked with the same (my) idea in the design folio and I don't believe his work was better in any area except probably the practical exam which I wasn't very pleased with (10% of total mark.) I also thought I'd done really well - near full marks - in the critical (25% of total mark AFAIK.) I am so much more annoyed with being failed in english however - something I wasn't in the least expecting. In the prelim I got 59.5% which was not great - I rushed the latter questions of the close reading - but better than a friend and classmate who got an A in the final exam. I also thought I had done better in the final exam than the prelim and was really pleased with my essays. I was very happy with my results last year and this year is such a contrast and disappointment - I got AACCD in all. My other C was maths which I was hoping for a B in and I was expecting As in french and geography but they were at least nice to see after swearing about the other results. End of results rant!
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#106 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(LouiseMurphy @ Aug 14 2004, 04:52 PM)
Yo guys. Its Louise here again. James1 ur being controversial again I see. Still its good to hear from you. Ok so heres my results folks:

Chemistry A
Maths A
Computing A
English B
Business B

Ok now people if you wish to complain to the SQA following your exam results but in a collective way then email ur comments to  the National Appeal for Students Qualifications and Awards via their website at
www.nasqa.org.

Admin, Info Systems and English have been reviewed by nasqa and a full review document sent. Reply is hopefully in the pipeline.

If you any issues with any of the subjects previously mentioned or any other subjects contact the nasqa email addresses or the studentline at Careers Scotland (number should have come in leaflet with SQA certificate) or contact the SQA directly on results2004@sqa.org.uk  or 0845 278 8080. After all theres no use in just being angry, you gotta let em know what the problem is! I aint got no problems myself but hey some of you might!

View Post

lol its not intentional

i heard this before and checked it out for sure in black and white before posting

fantastic set of results louise, well done!

#107 AlexMcIver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:20 PM

I'm a wee bit late posting, but hey, may as well contribute to the discussion tongue.gif.

I got 5 A Highers! Woohoo!!!!!!! Maths, Physics, Computing, Geography and (!)(!)English!!! I must be honest, while I was sorta expecting 5 As, it was sooooo good to see it on that nice, sweet blue piece of paper. Some people I know were more relieved to get 5 As, and didn't really show much emotions. Me? I jumped up and down in the outside hall, cheering with delight, totally ignoring the crumpled, deceased remains of the SQA envelope that held my certificates 10 seconds before. Envelopes are annoying things, the harder you try to open them, the more of a fight they put up! Ah well. I'm gonna find out my bands tomorrow when I go back to school. While I wont really care if I get band 2s in everything, I'm hoping for band 1s in computing, maths and physics because I found the exams pretty easy (especially physics!) and I hope to do at least one of those subjects at uni.

Alex

Edit: Ok, I just asked my teachers at school today. Five. Band. Ones. I'm absolutely gobsmacked, I even got a band 1 in English, which I was sure was a physical impossibility! woohoo!

#108 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:45 PM

I've contacted the SQA with the question about being downgraded on an appeal. Here's the response (which was very fast for once tongue.gif )
The only scenario at appeals which could result in a downgrade would be
where a clerical error was identified on the candidate's scripts or during
results processing.  The majority of these cases are identified as a
result of centre queries and are rectified prior to appeals.  Any such
case would be considered on an individual basis and before a downgrade is
actioned, this must have senior management authorisation.

The main focus of appeals is alternative evidence submitted by the
presenting centre - only where this does not support an upgrade will the
examiner refer to the candidate's scripts.  At this stage, a full remark
is not undertaken - rather, a clerical check and general review of
marking.  Examiners at this stage are attempting to improve the original
award.

I hope that clears things up! Basically they can downgrade you, but only in extreme cases.

#109 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(George @ Aug 16 2004, 03:45 PM)
I've contacted the SQA with the question about being downgraded on an appeal. Here's the response (which was very fast for once tongue.gif )
The only scenario at appeals which could result in a downgrade would be
where a clerical error was identified on the candidate's scripts or during
results processing.  The majority of these cases are identified as a
result of centre queries and are rectified prior to appeals.  Any such
case would be considered on an individual basis and before a downgrade is
actioned, this must have senior management authorisation.

The main focus of appeals is alternative evidence submitted by the
presenting centre - only where this does not support an upgrade will the
examiner refer to the candidate's scripts.  At this stage, a full remark
is not undertaken - rather, a clerical check and general review of
marking.  Examiners at this stage are attempting to improve the original
award.

I hope that clears things up! Basically they can downgrade you, but only in extreme cases.

View Post

biggrin.gif

thanks george for proving it

#110 Amy_G

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:03 PM

Hey im new 2 this

I got a A in Art, C for History, a D for English and Maths n i failed Biology! i was gutted! sad.gif

I had no idea wot i wanted 2 do n no i've no idea wot i can do! wacko.gif

#111 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:44 PM

if university is your route you will need more highers

if college is your route for art or history for say an HNC then you may be ok but at the very least an HND

if you want to do like hairdressing or something similar in a kind of apprentaship type basis you will also be fine i would think as they only look for an interest in the area and a person that is loyal and willing

the careers advisors are good at telling you that kind of thing but can't really tell you that much about what you want to do if you see what i mean

If i am not here i am somewhere else

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users