Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Advanced higher next year! - HSN forum

Advanced higher next year!

13 replies to this topic

#1 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:59 PM

?
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#2 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

anyone doing it next year? smile.gif there's only goin to be 3 of us next year, though i will probably be driven insane because the other two people doing it are essentially complete psychos rolleyes.gif

#3 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

Cela me fait pleurer, il semble qu'il n'y ait personne d'autre sauf moi laugh.gif

suis-je toute seule? sad.gif laugh.gif

#4 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:36 AM

laugh.gif

What do you think of the course? Have you done the aural part yet?
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#5 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:58 PM

*dies in shock* blink.gif no1 usually replies on the old advanced french forum tongue.gif

yeh i think its been ok actually, i mean we've done very little work over the year though which is weird. We did tonnes on the environment and our teacher read through our novel "Un Sac de Billes" with us and did a few random periods on mariage and Aids and thats it. for most of the year the four of us have drank coffee and gassed over bisucuits. Theres me and three girls and the teacher is like never there and the assistant is friendly but is a (nice) psycho who teaches us italian and is making us make a video for the french children in quebec XD. Guess its an ok course though just annoys me with the pegged marking and the like, it annoys me severely actually mad.gif

what about you? how you finding it?

Yeh had mine last wednesday rolleyes.gif he kept on asking me things about topics i hadnt even studied, i told him at the start i didnt really want to do the role of women in society or how society is changed but he kept on asking questions about it even though i was like qu'est ce vous pensez de.. then he'd just say oui oui then go back to talking about the role of women :| I dunno i thought i didnt exactly do great but he said that if he were in my shoes he'd be really pleased so i guess ive done ok laugh.gif

what about you? have you done it yet? are you doing it at uni btw? wink.gif

#6 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:04 PM

laugh.gif Well, I thought it deserved a reply!

blush.gif I'm not actually doing AH French, I'm doing Higher having had a year out from languages. Totally regretting it now, I think it's a great subject.

There's only one person doing AH in our school. She talked about global warming, the music industry and immigration I think, or something like that. Quite obscure topics...

I'm hoping to take french as one of my subjects in 1st year, seeing as you can take up to 3. Whether I'll stick with it or not, I don't know. Are you? smile.gif

Facebook
Bebo

#7 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

Why thank you laugh.gif

Oh.. haha tongue.gif Yeh t'is indeed.

hmm yeh they are cos you're hardly going to go to france and talk about global warming with your french friends are you? laugh.gif

Ah cool man smile.gif stick with it, you wont regret it wink.gif Yup sure am deciding between doing french with maths or french with italian at st andrews.. looking like french with maths just now cos i dont know if i could be bothered learning another language really. What subjects have you applied to do then? smile.gif

#8 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:11 PM

Music and english at Aberdeen is my firm choice with english at Stirling as my insurance. Aberdeen wants a B in latin sick.gif which is starting to worry me a bit...

French and Iitalian have quite a few similarities, don't they? I think it's supposed to be easier to learn a second foreign language but I don't know that I'd have the patience to do it all again!
Facebook
Bebo

#9 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:48 PM

Cool man smile.gif What? sucks much? :/ mind you suppose you need to do a lot of literature in latin.. but ive you're that way inclined then im sure you'll do alrite wink.gif

Yeh you can see the similarities in many of the verbs and pro nouns and all that jazz. Hm yeh its the patience issue that gets me, i dunno if i could be assed doing it all again:P

#10 campbellk2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Lots of things...including passing my Highers, with good grades!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

I want to do AH next year, but I think I'm the only person in my school who wants to do it!

#11 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

Ah cool man, you should still go for it though, i think only one person is doing it in our school next year. Definately go for it though, and try not let them whisk you away to some college or other school, cos my friend is doing that with AH german and its a real pain in the ass for him.

#12 campbellk2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Lots of things...including passing my Highers, with good grades!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(maximus @ Mar 24 2008, 10:55 PM) View Post
Ah cool man, you should still go for it though, i think only one person is doing it in our school next year. Definately go for it though, and try not let them whisk you away to some college or other school, cos my friend is doing that with AH german and its a real pain in the ass for him.

Yeah, I'm really hoping I'll be put in a class with the highers rather than sent to Langside!

Glad to talk to someone who thinks French is cool!
campbellk2

#13 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

Yeh that would be a heck of a lot better!

you doing it at uni?

Same! haha, i dont understand people who think otherwise laugh.gif

#14 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

Guys, french is cool. There are no two ways about it. cool.gif
Facebook