Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2005 - Written Paper - 15(b)(iii) - HSN forum

2005 - Written Paper - 15(b)(iii)

3 replies to this topic

#1 sarmad

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:35 PM

hi,
i am stuck on question 15B part 3, the calculation. I am not really sure how to go about this?

#2 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(sarmad @ May 27 2006, 05:35 PM) View Post

hi,
i am stuck on question 15B part 3, the calculation. I am not really sure how to go about this?

Ok the part of the equation we're dealing with is:

C6H8O6 + I2
Information stated about iodine: 21.4cm power3.gif
0.005 mol/l (as stated previously in the question)

Now you can work out the number of moles of iodine by using: number of moles = conc. * vol
and as the ratio of the reactants is 1:1, the orange juice will have the same number of moles. Now you can work out the mass of the orange juice in 50cm power3.gif, then multiply it by 10 to find the mass of 500cm power3.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#3 sarmad

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ May 27 2006, 05:44 PM) View Post

hi,

C6H8O6 + I2

Now you can work out the number of moles of iodine by using: number of moles = conc. * vol
and as the ratio of the reactants is 1:1, the orange juice will have the same number of moles. Now you can work out the mass of the orange juice in 50cm power3.gif, then multiply it by 10 to find the mass of 500cm power3.gif

sorry, but i still dont seem to be getting the correct answer?!?

#4 sarmad

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(sarmad @ May 27 2006, 07:28 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Allana @ May 27 2006, 05:44 PM) View Post

hi,

C6H8O6 + I2

sorry, but i still dont seem to be getting the correct answer?!?

its kl i get it now, wrong adding first time round

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users