Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Physics beyond AH? - HSN forum

Physics beyond AH?

9 replies to this topic

#1 waitingforan_alibi

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:23 PM

now that thats all done with i m going to do physics at glasgow uni. is anybody else doing physics (and where if so?) and who is escaping while they still can?

#2 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:48 PM

i'm just finished 2nd year studying physics at strathclyde
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#3 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:05 PM

Well, I've not done the advanced higher so I probably don't belong here but I'm hoping to do maths with physics when I go to uni. My friend is doing a similar course at uni, he says that the physics at uni is a big step up from advanced higher but that the maths isn't as bad.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#4 Changer

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:31 PM

I'm doing Physics at Edinburgh next year, so if anyone else is doing it next year leave a message.

#5 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(Changer @ Jun 1 2006, 12:31 AM) View Post
I'm doing Physics at Edinburgh next year, so if anyone else is doing it next year leave a message.
I know someone who's going to be doing Physics at Edinburgh later this year, if he meets his conditional offer. Despite taking AH Physics, he has had serious problems passing H Maths. He seems to struggle with any equation that can't be applied to a real-life situation, which makes pure maths difficult for him. Strange that.

#6 Changer

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:27 PM

Although I got an A at H Maths, I alsol find it really hard thinking about those sort of things, especially getting an answer and not being able to think about it in my head and see if it's right (Unlike in physics where if you're getting speeds faster than light you know you've messed up somewhere).

#7 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(Joel @ Jun 1 2006, 03:18 PM) View Post

He seems to struggle with any equation that can't be applied to a real-life situation, which makes pure maths difficult for him. Strange that.

thats like me. i seriously struggle with the maths classes i have to take as part of my physics degree - i failed one last year, passed on the 2nd attempt with 40%, got 40% in the other one last year, & failed the first semester one this year. so glad none of our maths marks count towards our degree, its just a case of passing them!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#8 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:21 PM

Hey, I'll see you there. biggrin.gif

#9 Changer

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(Vixus @ Jun 5 2006, 11:21 PM) View Post

Hey, I'll see you there. biggrin.gif

Sounds good, it's actually me and my buddy who are doing Physics next year at Uni, just look out for James and Martin (I'm James BTW).

#10 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

Alrighty.

I hope I don't have trouble with maths. It's not my strongest subject ever. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users