Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Help~~ - HSN forum

Help~~

4 replies to this topic

#1 charles

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:54 PM

Any help sad.gif I am really confused now, .....

Description of the purpose of the control unit.

Description of the read and write of the control lines.

And Read line, Write line, what the hell is this? Aslo Read singal and write singal~~

control line? control unit? Control line on control unit?

Thanx tongue.gif

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:31 PM

the control unit is the part of the processor which is concerned with sync'ing operations within the processor. The control unit is where the frequency clock is held.

In a processor there is 3 buses one of which is a control bus and this bus is special in that each line in it has a unique function or use. 2 of these lines are read line and write line. The read one is used to indicate the address that is being sent in the address bus is to be used to retrieve a memory location. The write line is used for the polar opposite reason

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#3 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping <3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:59 PM

The Control Unit, CU, sends out control signals

* within the processor to move data from one register to another and to activate specific ALU functions.

* to the control bus to read or write from memory

* to I/O modules

A read signal on the control lines instructs data to place data from the specified memory address on the data bus.

A write signal on the control lines instructs memory to take data on the data bus and place it in the location specified by the address bus.

Hope that helps a bit biggrin.gif
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#4 Misbah

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

yes thanks that was very helpful i was quite stuck at that too!!

#5 charles

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Pammy @ May 26 2006, 09:59 PM) View Post

The Control Unit, CU, sends out control signals

* within the processor to move data from one register to another and to activate specific ALU functions.

* to the control bus to read or write from memory

* to I/O modules

A read signal on the control lines instructs data to place data from the specified memory address on the data bus.

A write signal on the control lines instructs memory to take data on the data bus and place it in the location specified by the address bus.

Hope that helps a bit biggrin.gif

H.T.P , I already have tongue.gif , diffcult to remember and understand~~

Answer: tongue.gif

The purpose of Control unit is The computer is continually executes instructions. The control unit ensures that all instructions are carried out in the correct order at the correct time.

Data bus Used for

Transfering data to the cpu from memory.
Sending data from the cpu to memory.

Control bus, control the transfer of this data.

Control bus.

This bus has a number of different functions, the read and write lines tells which direction data will flow on the data bus.

E.g

Memory Read~

When data is read from memory the following steps are carried out.

MAR sets up address but with address of desired memory location.
Read line of control bus Activatied.
Data transferred aloong data bus to MDR.

Memory write~

MDR sets up data bus with infromation to be written.
MAR sets up address bus address of desired memory location.
write line of control bus activated.
Data transferred along data bus to memory location.

Is that help biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users