Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
jump from higher to advanced higher - HSN forum

jump from higher to advanced higher

1 reply to this topic

#1 kingding

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:33 PM

Yeh, well im new to this website so was just wondering about the difference in levels between advanced higher and higher. I sat the actual higher paper, finding it alright, and in general i find french not really that taxing. But im just wondering about what the AH course involves, and whether it is a great increase in difficulty or not. Cheers
kingding

#2 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:35 PM

At Higher level, I found French quite easy and I can't say I had to put heaps of effort into the AH. The gap between the two courses isn't huge but there are some differences: the listening is a good bit faster, you have to be able to be able to talk and write about a variety of things in French (your speaking exam is a 20 minute conversation with an external examiner and they can ask you about pretty much anything and there is a discursive essay paper after the listening) Also, you'll need to know a lot more about grammar: be at ease with the subjunctive etc.
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabará ciego.
~Gandhi~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users