Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Tomorrows art exam... - HSN forum

Tomorrows art exam...

8 replies to this topic

#1 blondie191

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:45 AM

Nervous?

Confident?

What are your views?

Talk please.

unsure.gif I'm ok about it, I just feel the way I kinda did for the english exam, not sure if the questions will be any good or not. But I suppose the art exams more predictable.

I just can't wait for ADV H art, no exam, no written laugh.gif laugh.gif
Done done done!

#2 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:00 PM

I quite nervous actually - basically because I've not done much studying for it! sad.gif I just cant get motivated. sad.gif ohmy.gif

#3 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:16 PM

I'm fine. They ask you basicaly the same thing every year. Ive got all my reaserch done and I got 79% for the prelim so it can't be bad. Good luck to all of you just remain calm biggrin.gif
All or Nothing.

#4 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:58 PM

Aye you'll all be absolutely fine if you've learnt your stuff.

Good luck smile.gif

#5 crazycat89

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(blondie191 @ May 24 2006, 12:45 PM) View Post

Nervous?

Confident?

What are your views?

Talk please.

unsure.gif I'm ok about it, I just feel the way I kinda did for the english exam, not sure if the questions will be any good or not. But I suppose the art exams more predictable.

I just can't wait for ADV H art, no exam, no written laugh.gif laugh.gif

im doin AH next year but i was told that there is a written part to it.. dunno if that jst my teacher making it up but she said we were to pick our own artist or designer to study and write a university level piece on them..?

good luck to all for todays written exam!! smile.gif

#6 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:33 AM

I'm doing Adv Higher at the moment, almost finished it. Has been a GREAT course - totally enjoyable. smile.gif

There is a written part to it, if you want to do it. I think there is the choice to do

120 hrs expressive/
120 hours design

and

40 hrs
design/
expressive/
art studies

I think I probably got these hours wrong but you see what i mean!

Obviously you cannae dae expressive and expressive or design and design!

If you do the 40 hrs written, it doesn't necessarily have to be in essay form. You can do it that way obviously - but big mac just told me to fill up an entire sketchbook with evidence of written research and my ideas and thoughts about what I've researched.

For example, since I based the majority of my ah project on Scotland's culture and fishing, I decided to look at three scottish painters (or painters that took Scotland as their inspiration) - I did at Joan Eardley, William McTaggart and Barbara Rae. I looked at lots of their works and wrote about them and compared and contrasted their techniques/subjects etc. I kinda looked pretty deep in to it. And some of my expressive stuff uses ideas I picked up from these artists.

Also in that sketchbook (which has got pretty giant) I have done anatomical studies because I decided to look at human anatomy to enhance my figurative stuff. If you want to go to art college, id recommend you look at basic muscle/bone anatomy a bit cos they loooove it.

Remember that if you are doing AH art and wanting to apply to art colleges...it is best to do extra stuff outside the adv higher syllabus. The art colleges need to see ALL you are capable of doing, and not just the "schooly stuff".

For example I have done a couple of design units too - looked at fashion design and made a dress. I looked at silversmithing a little bit too. Also, atm, I'm doing a bit of craft work - i designed and am making a weather vane.

Obviously, when I hand in my ah art folio on june 9th I won't be giving them the dress I made or any other seperate projects I did that are completely unrelated to the AH art course.

#7 blondie191

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(crazycat89 @ May 25 2006, 10:34 AM) View Post

im doin AH next year but i was told that there is a written part to it.. dunno if that jst my teacher making it up but she said we were to pick our own artist or designer to study and write a university level piece on them..?

good luck to all for todays written exam!! smile.gif

aye theres two advanced higher courses - ones practical and ones written. i know people who have done both before. crazy.
Done done done!

#8 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

Are you sure you can sit a purely written advanced higher art course? blink.gif

Oh well,... if you can...thats new news to me!

#9 blondie191

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ May 25 2006, 06:21 PM) View Post

Are you sure you can sit a purely written advanced higher art course? blink.gif

Oh well,... if you can...thats new news to me!

RIght, i've done a bit of research. Theres Art and Design Enquiry which is mainly expressive but a small part of either design or written - the main one.

Then theres another advanced art higher: Art Appreciation which is purely a written course.

Done done done!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users