Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2004 - Multiple Choice - Q5 - HSN forum

2004 - Multiple Choice - Q5

4 replies to this topic

#1 rscott

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:22 AM

Could anyone explain this question to me, because I really don't know how to approach it. I would type it up, but it would take ages!

cheers biggrin.gif

#2 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping <3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:48 PM

You just need to find the mass of each of the atoms.
For example the first one, power1.gif H base2.gif power1.gif power6.gif O tells us there are 2 hydrogen ions, whose mass each is one, therefore the total mass of the hydrogen ion = 2, there is only one oxygen, and the mass number is 16, therefor total mass of atom= 18

IF go go through this for all of them you should get
1. 18
2. 19
3. 20
4. 20
5. 21
6. 22

From this you can see 3 & 4 are the same, which makes the answer D
Hope this helps
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#3 rscott

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:39 PM

Ah, I get it now! I was getting confused with all the numbers & brackets. Thanks for the help biggrin.gif

#4 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping <3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:06 PM

Yeah there are too many symbols and numbers in it
I had 2 ask my teacher how to do it
Glad it helped you biggrin.gif
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#5 Misbah

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:02 PM

yes it is rather confusing!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users