Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Some help please? - HSN forum

Some help please?

8 replies to this topic

#1 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:03 PM

Okay, I was looking through the written part of the prelim again and realised there are a couple of questions I can't answer and can't find the answers in my notes so I was wondering if anyone could tell me the answers please?
  • Justify an organisation's decision to outsource the training function of the Human Resources Department (5 marks).
  • Differentiate between the tactical and operational decisions which employees of the Human Resource Department may have to make, giving an example of each type of decision (6 marks).

#2 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

11 views and no reply? Come one someone must have an idea unsure.gif

#3 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(xkarenx @ May 22 2006, 03:03 PM) View Post

Okay, I was looking through the written part of the prelim again and realised there are a couple of questions I can't answer and can't find the answers in my notes so I was wondering if anyone could tell me the answers please?
  • Justify an organisation's decision to outsource the training function of the Human Resources Department (5 marks).
  • Differentiate between the tactical and operational decisions which employees of the Human Resource Department may have to make, giving an example of each type of decision (6 marks).

1) Im not really sure on the answers but i think you just have to make them specific to the Human resources department. You would just say that it would be more professional training, more skills could be learned, they could learn how to communicate with employers better eg put in those sort of situations in training. (sorry if it sounds rubbish, reading it over doesnt really make much sense to me!)

2) I think you just talk about the tactical and operational decisions and relate it to the HR department - how, i dont know!

Sorry for the lack of help, its really confidence inspiring two days before the exam!

#4 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for replying I appreciate it even if you don't have full answers for me. It's the human resources that puts me off I understand the three types of decisions but I wouldn't be sure what on earth to write for that. I guess I'll just have to guess if I come across one like that.

#5 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:07 PM

No problem, even if i didnt help you!

i think for HR you just try and remember everything from standard grade, what they do etc and then try and stick it into your answer. eg say that the HR department would like workers who have good communication/listening skills.

I was looking through my theory section and it does not seem to have any notes on specific departments, which doesnt really help.

I'll ask my friend tomorrow and see if she's got any ideas.

smile.gif

#6 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:12 PM

Aye, thing is I didn't do standard grade lol. I crashed Intermediate 2 Admin last year (surprisingly got an A too) and it didn't have details on Human Resources as far as I remember.

#7 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:14 PM

ok well ill dig up my old SG stuff and post it for you tomorrow morning if thats okay?
Ill get other departments too as Finance has also come up in my prelim.

#8 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:19 PM

That would be great thanks! smile.gif

#9 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:25 PM

I've done Operational, Tactical and Strategic decisions in Business Management. You'll find an explanation on what they are in this PDF file from the HSN Resource. Just refer those decisions to the HR department.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users