Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher Drama - HSN forum

Higher Drama

5 replies to this topic

#1 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:23 PM

Anybody else do higher drama?

Exam is coming up soon so does anybody have any essay writing tips cause thats my weakest area, mostly just the introductions cause i never know how to start the essays, but this is mostly just for the Scottish plays!

Any tips?
Grrrrrr!!

#2 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:58 PM

I'm just using an English essay writing technique. Use the words of the question in the introduction, and echo the 9introduction in your conclusion. Keep things short and simple. Always, though, put in a couple of lines about how YOU see the play as the director. How you want the play to be done. By starting a sentence with the phrase "As the director, I would..." might help.

And by the way, any chance you're doing Men Should Weep and would be able to help me a little on John Morrisson's character, I'm struggling and never really got the chance to study him much. I can't seem to find any notes out of the trees we've been given home with notes.

#3 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Sports, computers, GIRLS !!!<br /><br />I like doing drama, i want to be a stage manager for a big company

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(Mikey_Pee @ May 30 2006, 08:58 PM) View Post

I'm just using an English essay writing technique. Use the words of the question in the introduction, and echo the 9introduction in your conclusion. Keep things short and simple. Always, though, put in a couple of lines about how YOU see the play as the director. How you want the play to be done. By starting a sentence with the phrase "As the director, I would..." might help.

And by the way, any chance you're doing Men Should Weep and would be able to help me a little on John Morrisson's character, I'm struggling and never really got the chance to study him much. I can't seem to find any notes out of the trees we've been given home with notes.

Were doing the Crucible. My weak point is essays, but the examiner for our practical exam, said when writting a drama essay have about 10 correct main points and back up those points with wuotes etc, and you will get at least 10 - 12 marks (ish). It is working for me (ish)

I know a website with lots of different free crucible essays plus others if you want to read up on essays

the website is http://www.bookrags.com/essays-crucible

they are very good. if you search you will find others as well
P.E.T.E.R

#4 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:15 PM

Woo its over!! What did you think of the questions.? I thought they were good but i think i may have messed up "the Crucible" ahh!
Grrrrrr!!

#5 babeasc

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

Oooh the Drama exam is gonna be a bitch!

I'm normally all right with the director questions for the set text,
and am good at the commentary..

but the Scottish!!

We do;
*Men Should Weep
*Tally's Blood
*Passing Places
*Britannia Rules

but I havent actually read Britannia Rules sad.gif and I don't like Men Should Weep.

Have an absolute heap load of notes tho, that your all welcome too.
Think I have some stuff on the characters of Men SHould Weep, so there'll definately be some stuff on John in there for ya.

How does everyone think they're acting went? and what did you all do?
I did Jack in "The Importance of BEing Earnest" and Brian in "Passing Places"
Both went alright I think.

Get back to me if you want notes

x
Beyond it, and us, shines a greater hope and a brighter future
Can't wait 'til the exams are over!

#6 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

Ha ha, I sat this exam about a year ago now! I passed with a C, a bit disappointed but I'm sitting 1st Yr Uni exams right now which are more or less the same standard actually! I was lucky, I dont think I wrote about Men Should Weep, I saw a question I could answer with my 8 or 9 years experience of youth theatre... was SO lucky! Without it, I might have failed. Moral of the story... revise your arse off... Higher Drama exam is hard :-P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users