Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Attention! - HSN forum

Attention!

33 replies to this topic

#1 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:36 PM

Free music! cool.gif

Clicky Me!

Just register, choose an album, select all the tracks in the tick-boxes. When it says you have no money, click Ok. Then, click download history and hey presto! FREE MUSIC! cool.gif

Enjoy! biggrin.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#2 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping &lt;3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:07 PM

Hee hee me likey !!!!!!!!
Well done !!! thumbsup.gif w00t.gif cool2.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#3 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:31 PM

Forgot to add....

Before anyone says, I know you could just use Limewire etc, but all these files are the same, good quality mp3 (128kb afaik) and you get no spyware! And it's legal(ish)! Hurrah! smile.gif

IPB Image

#4 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:33 PM

holy shit thumbsup.gif

#5 AM4R

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:35 PM

nice one biggrin.gif
::::::/\M/\R::::::

#6 Jonny-Sensei

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Music, Skateboards, Guitar/Bass, Ice Hockey, Drinking, Darts, Poker, Pool and of course SLEEPING!!!<br /><br />Currently about to take a gap year before reapplying for Medicine. Hoping to study at Aberdeen University :D

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:43 PM

.FLAC (from bittorrent) > 128kbs .mp3
Roll on ze gap year !!

#7 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:52 PM

A word of caution, mp3search.ru has been under investigation for copyright infringement and if I remember correctly is totally banned in the US. I'm not sure whether there is a similar case in the UK.

#8 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:53 PM

One step ahead of you Scott - No charge in the UK (as yet). smile.gif

IPB Image

#9 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ May 22 2006, 02:53 PM) View Post
One step ahead of you Scott - No charge in the UK (as yet). smile.gif

Just trying to say that the legal ramifications if caught would probably be harsh. Any loophole found to cause a company major money loss would probably come under the Computer Misuse Act (yeah, fair play, it is stupid to not see such a loophole go unnoticed).

Think I'll stick to iTunes (See, I'm all legit and stuff tongue.gif )

I've seen it happen before when some little script kiddy DDoS'd servers causing tens of thousands of pounds damage. He was liable for the damage and told to pay up. Different scenario but still applies...slightly! laugh.gif

#10 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:46 PM

got my own sources thanks tongue.gif

#11 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:27 PM

Yeh, i'd rather not sign up to get illegal stuff, i can do that without telling anyone any details smile.gif

But i don't do that, nor do i condone it.

#12 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:01 AM

yeh i didnt feel safe registering for anything like that especially something that is a .ru domain it just all seems very fishy to me

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#13 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:45 AM

Technically according to russian copyright law, everyone one has the right to sell anyones music, so long as they note the number of records sold and send some sort of contribution to the russian copyright agency.
As far as I'm aware the bands themselves have to contact the russian copyright agency to claim back their royalties.
Whether it's considered legal to buy music from russia while in the UK brings up one of these legal conundrums....
......60p an album aint bad tho tongue.gif

a similar site http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4328269.stm
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#14 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

In the English section, the "legal" page is still in russian! tongue.gif

#15 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:18 PM

Thats it translated

All soundtracks and products are placed on Mp3search.ru according to the current legislation of the Russian Federation. In particular on the basis of: * the Law " About the copyright and the adjacent rights " (from July, 09th, 1993 in edition from July, 20th, 2004). * Agreements with НП " Federation of legal owners on collective management of Copyrights at use of products in the Interactive Mode ". * Agreements from Open Company " the Content and the right " and system E-Now. * Agreements from Open Company "

Mp3search.ru pays all royalties for all phonograms according to above-stated license agreements

msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#16 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

Thanks!! biggrin.gif w00t.gif

#17 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

If any one want free legal downloads theres plenty about. Loads of new bands give out free tracks or bigger bands give live versions etc. You can just go through tons of sites (which is fun if you have the time) but there are sites which give lists.
http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/view.php?lo...ads&c=20&page=1
This is a good site, there used to by hundreds but theyve taken all the old ones down now. Theres still quite a lot and it's easier to see the new ones now.

http://www.download.com/
Click music. Theres good stuff there. Theres also really crap stuff so listen before you download.

#18 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:10 AM

If I'm on the net and wanting to listen to music, I just usually browse myspace. biggrin.gif

#19 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(Ally @ May 24 2006, 12:10 PM) View Post

If I'm on the net and wanting to listen to music, I just usually browse myspace. biggrin.gif

Lol - I do that too! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

#20 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:55 PM

The mp3search.ru loophole now seems to be closed.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users