Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2006 Solutions - HSN forum - Page 2

2006 Solutions

33 replies to this topic

#21 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:43 PM

It was only worth 3, im not sure how many ull lose.

#22 adf

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

These anwers are really helpful. Thanks.
According to them I should have about 57/70 and 52/60 so hopefully that will be an A. biggrin.gif . I also did the ksin(x-a) question in degrees, it is so annoying now when I look at it!

#23 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:21 AM

when you guys mark yourselves based on the answers eg /60 and /70 do you just mark yourselves for the answers you have got correct or do you also mark the ones you didnt get correct but take into account the working?
Thanks

#24 eyecandy

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:jus tha usual... singin, dancin, shoppin, chillaxin ;) and spendin my wonderful daddy's wonderful money :D

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:48 AM

sad.gif
i was quite confident, but then i read tht..
not so sure now
sad.gif

#25 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:27 PM

Yeah I was the same. And I really needed this A. I think if i didnt do so well it will be an appeal for me cause I have 2 prelims, both of which are A's.
Grrrrrr!!

#26 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:07 PM

For question 2b) on paper 1, is there a difference way of finding the coords of Q? Because i'm sure I used another method and still got the same answer, just can't remember what I did! tongue.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#27 Adam

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:12 PM

Ya... I used the midpoint formula, where C is the midpoint of QP.

#28 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(Betinho @ May 22 2006, 03:12 PM) View Post

Hmm I don't think I did that either! tongue.gif Ah well, could anyone pm me a copy of the paper?
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#29 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:45 PM

Oooh nevermind. Just realised I did use the same method as Mr H smile.gif

#30 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(Betinho @ May 22 2006, 03:12 PM) View Post
Yeah, that's what I did. I believe there is an example of this in the HSN notes, which is why it was the first thing that came to my head at the time.

#31 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

I think I just found the equation of the diameter, and found where it cut the x-axis which was -5. Still acceptable?

#32 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ May 22 2006, 06:11 PM) View Post
I think I just found the equation of the diameter, and found where it cut the x-axis which was -5. Still acceptable?
Yeah, that's probably the most commonly used method for finding Q. I've only ever seen an example of the inverse of midpoint formula in the HSN Notes, so the chance is most candidates will never have thought to use it. I like it when there are numerous different ways of solving questions, it makes things more interesting...

#33 Daron Malakian

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:13 PM

thanks Mr.H all the solutions there have helped.

#34 George =D

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:52 AM

I was feeling really ill on the day of the exam, and I think I did pretty well on Paper 1 (maybe 42/50), but I seriously screwed up Paper 2. I hardly studied the previous night because I was bed-ridden. Anyhoo, if I was to get a C, what's the likelihood of me getting an appeal for a B (what I need to get into Uni)? I have an A and high B in my two prelims... sad.gif

And does anyone know if Strathclyde operates on the points system? ie where BBBB = ABBC etc? I hope so, otherwise I'm screwed... unsure.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users