Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Mussolini Notes - HSN forum

Mussolini Notes

3 replies to this topic

#1 Andy*

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:13 PM

I'm all up to date with how he got to power, and actual Fascism, but can someone direct me to some good notes on what he actually did when he was in power, which I assume is the only other question that can come up...

Cheers

#2 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 21 May 2006 - 12:43 PM

Dude, the great thing about mussolinni is; he didnt do much. He used to SAY he done lods, but in actual fact this was very little. For example, he introduced the Battle for Births- where he offered insentives for big families and penalties for small ones. Extrordinarly, despite him basicly paying people to have sex, the birth rate actualy fell (lol). It is often said that his only real success was making the trains run on time. Also, he reconciled Italy with the church. Realy easy stuff.
All or Nothing.

#3 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:27 PM

And he didn't even make the trains run on time!

It could be said that Fascism was "all surface and little substance." The "corporate state" was the only genuine concept. It was supposed to be a solution to the confrontation between capital and labour. Workers had heard of higher wage packets going to those that had emigrated to the USA, and Mussolini curbed these concerns with substantial organised after work social and sports arrangements. These were provided for every single occupation and were also intended to keep workers from complaining about pay or conditions in the workplace while trade unions were banned. Representatives of workplaces would meet the government but this was not the same. - http://www.hsn.uk.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4105

See also: http://www.grolier.com/wwii/wwii_mussolini.html
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#4 Andy*

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.

It turned out I didn't really need them, as I did his rise to power, which was basically my Extended Essay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users