Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Any link between French and German Qs? - HSN forum

Any link between French and German Qs?

6 replies to this topic

#1 ScotlandGirl

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:00 PM

I know this is pretty ridiculous but I was wondering if there's ever been any link between the topics that come up in the French and German follow-up writings. Are they ever the same? What were the French ones this year? You can tell I'm worried for my German exam on Wednesday tongue.gif

#2 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:04 PM

French this year for the follow up essay after the listening was about what makes a good school and what you want to do once you leave school (which was what my talk thing was on so I know at least part of my essay was right) and the directed writing was about you going, yourself, to a french summer school in Lyon??. the bullet points were how you travelled and why you chose to travel that way,accomodation and meals, how you spent a typical day, how you got on with other students, how you felt about being away on your own and how you plan to keep in touch with your new friends.
Sorry no idea if there is any link with german (gonna do german next year)
Grrrrrr!!

#3 ScotlandGirl

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:08 PM

Thanks!! I'll make sure I'm clued up on all of that in case by some crazy miracle the SQA decide to make the German questions the same biggrin.gif

Yeah I don't know if anyone will be able to confirm (even though I'm 99.9% sure they're not linked!) since barely anyone does French and German in the same year but I thought it was worth a try!

#4 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:10 PM

It will be different people making up the French and German so i doubt they would ever be the same or even similar but you never know..
Grrrrrr!!

#5 ScotlandGirl

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(loved-up-loon @ May 19 2006, 04:10 PM) View Post

It will be different people making up the French and German so i doubt they would ever be the same or even similar but you never know..

Well maybe they all phoned each other up and said, "Here's an idea, let's just make them the same this year and give the candidates a break". biggrin.gif

Awww I wish!

#6 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:25 PM

Aye, give the German candidates a break! I dont really care anymore, French was not as bad as I thought it would be! Hope your German exam goes well!

The only thing I care about is NO MORE FRENCH!!!!! tongue.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#7 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:03 PM

i did higher french an german in 5th year and am doing AH french an german this year and iv never seen two papers from the same year with the same topics in the same section ie two readings on similar topics but u can never b sure what the SQA will come up with

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users