Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Video games anyone? - HSN forum - Page 2

Video games anyone?

44 replies to this topic

#21 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(*Kiran* @ May 19 2006, 03:13 PM) View Post

QUOTE(djh1878 @ May 19 2006, 08:54 AM) View Post

Singstar Rocks! laugh.gif (The only one I still play!)

I salute you sir. That is indeed a fine choice for gaming... biggrin.gif

Why thank you - I pride myself on my +8000 scores! laugh.gif cool.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#22 Adam

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:29 PM

I'm a bit of a Grand Theft Auto fanatic. ph34r.gif

GTA is the main reason I bought my PS2, and it'll probably be the main reason for me buying the PS3 when it comes out. It's ashame they don't bring out the PC versions until 5/6 months after the PS2 release, because they're definitely better than the console versions...

I co-run and maintain some GTA fansites too actually - gtanet.com/gtasanandreas.net/gta4.net/gtaforums.com etc. (all part of the same network)

I got a free copy of GTA:LCS from R* last October, except I can't play it because:

(a) They sent me the US version.
(b) I don't have a PSP to play it on, and I don't intend on getting one. tongue.gif

Oh, and Monkey Island is AWESOME.

#23 Jason Bourne

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:34 PM

QUAKE 3 ROCKS tongue.gif
Nothing!!!!!!!!

#24 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(Betinho @ May 19 2006, 08:29 PM) View Post
What's your favourite monkey island game? I like The Curse Of... because of the cartoon graphics (which never seem to age), and because it uses the same game engine as Grim Fandango. The MI games are very well written, and funny.

QUOTE(Jason Bourne @ May 19 2006, 08:34 PM) View Post
QUAKE 3 ROCKS tongue.gif
I'm wearing my Quake III T-Shirt now. biggrin.gif

#25 Adam

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(Joel @ May 19 2006, 09:06 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Betinho @ May 19 2006, 08:29 PM) View Post
What's your favourite monkey island game? I like The Curse Of... because of the cartoon graphics (which never seem to age), and because it uses the same game engine as Grim Fandango. The MI games are very well written, and funny.

Definitely The Curse of. The one after that (Escape from Monkey Island?) looked kinda stupid because they tried to make it 3D, but it ended up looking a bit crap. Still a good game though...

Blood Island was always my favourite. biggrin.gif

#26 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(Betinho @ May 19 2006, 09:10 PM) View Post
Definitely The Curse of. The one after that (Escape from Monkey Island?) looked kinda stupid because they tried to make it 3D, but it ended up looking a bit crap. Still a good game though...
Yeah, the 3D version didn't really work. There's supposedly another Monkey Island game in production at the moment, perhaps they will have mastered 3D by now. Could be a classic if they pull it off...

#27 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:01 PM

ANyone remember commander Keen, what a cool game that was/is! tongue.gif

#28 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:23 PM

The Sega Megadrive is where it is at people.

Street Fighter II championship edition. = pure brillance

i just love the graphics in some of these old games.

I play the sega and PC but it only takes me like a day to go through a PC game sad.gif and then most of them aren't really tht great to play again.

Like the Call of Duties and Knights of the old Republic and Splinter Cells and ones liek tht. they need to be good online these days.

Games i play on my PC if any atm.

Flashpoint + add ons
Total Anniliation (sp) - plus add ons awesome game classic
Half-life II
GTA but gone off it now. good game poor graphics. miles better on PC than PS though.
Max Pyane 1 & 2. one is more fun espically with the add ons
Ground control
Farcry
NHL and FIFA and Macrae

meh the list goes on. but i need some new games. sad.gif haven;t played any PC games though in a good 3 odd months.

Sega all the way thumbsup.gif tongue.gif
http://www.hsn.uk.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4142

#29 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ May 20 2006, 02:23 PM) View Post
Total Anniliation (sp) - plus add ons awesome game classic
Yeah, excellent game. Should appeal to any fans of Command & Conquer or Dune.

What do you play, Arm or Core?

#30 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:47 PM

Arm obviously! come on core suck!

U got the Core continugency add on

if not. get it. increases the greatness of the game ten fold! cannae go back to it with out it. seriously hundreds of new units, maps, worlds, everything. get it!

#31 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ May 20 2006, 03:47 PM) View Post
U got the Core continugency add on
No, but I shall try to get it once the exams are over. Haven't found a lot of time for games recently. sad.gif

#32 Jas0n

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(bred @ May 18 2006, 10:46 PM) View Post

I used to play Medal of Honour a lot online, before I came to uni.

I love that game...its so addictive playing sniper only + v2.

any street fighter game- I've spent a fortune in arcades. I still play contra on my SEGA- classic game had it since I was weee.
IPB Image

#33 jon2005

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:28 PM

Just play Pro Evo 5...lol.

#34 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:34 PM

*revives this thread*

I want to play video games. Seriously. I miss them. Screw my degree, sapping away all my gaming time. I play about 3 hours a week of Final Fantasy Tactics on my PSP, and maybe about half an hour of SOCOM FTB2 online.

I bought both Final Fantasy XII and Skies of Arcadia for my Dreamcast last month, and I haven't been able to play either of them very much. Don't get me started on the hundreds of games I've started this year but never finished. Valkyrie Profile, Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre, Super Metroid, Shenmue, Sonic Adventure, Tales of Eternia...

The only game I actually sat down and played through until the end this year was Metal Gear Solid: PO at the start of January, and that was done-and-dusted within three days.

God, I'm a geek.

#35 Princess V

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music and general studying!

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

I got a nintendo wii!!!!!

The best thing that's been invented since sliced bread. Sooooooo addictive!!!

#36 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:18 PM

PC - Pro Evolution Soccer 5/6 (Prefer 5, but I'm willing to give 6 a go despite the fact I think the game play is less realistic now)
PC - Counterstrike
Wii - Wii Sports
Wii - Call Of Duty
DS - 42 Classics (I just play it for Texas Hold 'Em biggrin.gif)
DS - Mario Kart

#37 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:22 PM

Minesweeper Flags does that count?

#38 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:41 PM

I built a gaming PC a month ago and I feel ashamed that I have not bought one new game to play on it and I've only installed one game in total so far. And I bought a Mega Drive from Ebay for drunken friday nights. Streets of Rage 2 will be class.

#39 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:11 PM

I got a factory-sealed copy of Jet Grind Radio for my Dreamcast in the post today. biggrin.gif

W00t!

#40 Blondie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Computers, space, drawing, music, pirates, ice cream, writing, sewing, etc etc.

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

Halo is funnnn.
-Blondie.

Whoa, I actually have something to put down here!

Crafting Journal!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users