Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Questions! - HSN forum

Questions!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:53 PM

Help I'm confused on some questions that I've been practising for the exam tomorrow!!!

question 1

solve 0=3sin(x+30)

question 2

2cos^2x=3/2

question 3

cos(2x-30)=1/(root)2

any help would be really appreicated

xx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#2 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:12 PM

2. 2cos2x = 3/2
4cos2x - 3 = 0
(4cosx - 3)(cosx +1) = 0
cosx = 0.75 , cos x = -1
x = 41.4 or 318.6 x = 180

hence x= 41.4, 180, 318.6

#3 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:40 PM

thanks nathan you got any idea about the rest of them? thanks again

xx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#4 duncad

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

3sin(x + 30) = 0
sin(x + 30) = 0
x + 30 = 0 [if you are confused, draw a sin graph]
x = -30
x = 360 - 30 = 330 degree.gif
and 180 - 30 = 150 degree.gif

cos(2x - 30) = 1/ sqrt.gif 2
2x - 30 = 45
[KNOW YOUR TRIANGLES]

2x = 75
x = 37.5 degree.gif ...

#5 the-big-geek-lol

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

question 3

cos(2x-30)=1/(root)2

K i don't no all the fancy words but il give it a go!

Using the special triangles, (2x-30)=45(degrees), because cos45 = 1/(root)2

Then it's easy enough to solve --> (2x-30) = 45
2x = 75
x = 37.5

Hope that helps!

Hehe posted at the same time! lol, least i got it right!

That wuz edit by the way, think i need to get used 2 this thing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users