Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Tomorrow... - HSN forum

Tomorrow...

16 replies to this topic

#1 Rashail

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:50 AM

Feeling ready for it? cool.gif

#2 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:14 AM

Hopefully...
Grrrrrr!!

#3 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping &lt;3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:23 AM

Emm.......sadly no !!!!!
I think I shall go and study my socks off !!!!!!!!!!!!!
* runs away *
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#4 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:15 AM

Umm... to be honest...no....

but the best of luck to you guys! thumbsup.gif

#5 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:16 AM

good luck to everyone for tomorrow! Im sure we will all be fine! biggrin.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#6 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:17 AM

nah, i'm not ready, so i probz shouldnt be sitting here HSN'ing :S

#7 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:18 PM

not ready at all, mind you i dont think i would ever feel that i am ready for Maths!! Good Luck to everyone though!
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#8 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:23 PM

good luck to everyone!

#9 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:45 PM

Nope I'm expecting to fail but it really depends on what questions come up. Could be ones like the one's I've practised.. I hope there's an optimisation one those are easy to me. Polynomials too, straight line is fine. It's graphs I hate. Trigonometry can confuse me too. Vectors and recurrence relations are okay. thumbsup.gif

#10 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:49 PM

i hate the part a of the optimisation questions...you know...prove area=blah

i can never do them sad.gif

#11 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:56 PM

They seem hard but they are actually ok when you think about it. Just look at the surfaces in the diagram (as the final equation is usually the surface area can be written as..) think about the simple rectange/square = base * height, triangle = 1/2 base * height, circle = pi.gif r power2.gif .. and then write an equation for the volume of the diagram (if triangular prism it would be triangle area * height, then you put the volume given to you (e.g. 108000) in place of the word "volume =" from your eqution and rearrange the equation to get whatever you need (usually what is not in the final equation shown) then put it into your surface equation and work with it until you get what is shown.

#12 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:07 PM

I just cant do vectors ratio questions. I have been taught them about 5 times by different people and i just dont get it!
Grrrrrr!!

#13 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:10 PM

Yeah well there are bits everyone doesn't understand that well. I'm kind of lost with the log stuff sometimes.. and graphs alot of the time.

#14 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:57 PM

same too, i hate questions that ask u to sketch the graphs of f'(x) i cant do that at all
Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#15 Rashail

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

I'm ok for it I think except for I struggle with the trig and log equation questions a bit

#16 SncZ

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:26 PM

i take it im the only one feeling ready for it then tongue.gif

Good Luck everyone, and just remember

“Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater.” Einstein.

...bet he never had to sit highers tho did he stuart.gif

#17 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:07 PM

I was I could just pick things up no bother. When my brother did Higher Maths he never did anything for it at all out of class and didn't study and he still got a B. I studied for the prelim and got D! Grr. I don't care whether it's A,B or C just aslong as I pass *fingers crossed*.. or at least get D again as it's better than no award!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users