Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
HSN23100 - Unit 3 Outcome 1 - HSN forum

HSN23100 - Unit 3 Outcome 1

4 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Top of the Class

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 06:21 PM

We have just released HSN23100 - Unit 3 Outcome 1 - Vectors and would welcome any comments you have. Your feedback will help us improve the materials on offer.

Please use this thread to let us know what you think.
HSN contribute: Help the site grow!

Looking for a Maths tutor in West Lothian? Just PM me!

#2 jeffers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:04 PM

on page 9 the 2nd worked example for the scalar product it says to calculate AB->.BC->,

#3 jeffers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:05 PM

on page 9 the 2nd worked example for the scalar product it says to calculate AB->.BC->, then the notes work out AB-> and AC-> and get them together to form AB->.AC->

was just wondering if this is correct or there has been a typo or something

#4 Steve

Top of the Class

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:12 PM

Sorry that is a typo, the question should read: calculate AB.AC

I will fix that soon, thanks for pointing it out.
HSN contribute: Help the site grow!

Looking for a Maths tutor in West Lothian? Just PM me!

#5 AndyW

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:59 AM

Just some minor things:

I think that using eg rather than e.g. is bad style.

"A 3-D set of axes are represented..." should be "A 3-D set of axes is represented.." (since set is singular).

The arrowheads above the directed line segments are very small - hardly visible when the notes are printed 2 sheets to an A4 page.

Page 5 - "any vector can be written using i, j and k in one of the following ways, for example"
It looks like this supposed to say
"any vector can be written using i, j and k in the following way."
?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users