Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Advanced Higher PPA's - HSN forum

Advanced Higher PPA's

10 replies to this topic

#1 little_minx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:20 PM

So practical is worth a lot more this year. They're harder, more time consuming and you get interviewed on 'em. Has anyone done any so far that you could recommend? Can anyone who has done the course previously suggest any practicals that are better than others?

Cheers,

Laura xxx

#2 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:58 PM

u obv are v confused

u have to do all 12

there is no interview lol

and a project

#3 little_minx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (james1 @ Jun 27 2004, 09:58 PM)
u obv are v confused

u have to do all 12

there is no interview lol

and a project

Strange. Not what my teacher reckoned

#4 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:39 PM

has the course changed?

#5 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:12 PM

I can't say that I have heard of any interviews or more time being spent on the PPA's... blink.gif unsure.gif huh.gif

#6 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:40 PM

yeah little minx, u are obviously missing the point. Its 12 ppas and a project/investigation! No interview!
user posted image

#7 Douglas

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:27 PM

Well they take ages anyway and i feel there's too much room for error. We started with the preperation of potassium trioxalatoferate crystals which turned out really rubbish. Does anyone have any good advice sheets on how to write up the reports?

#8 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:27 PM

I think there used to be interviews, but not anymore.

There is some info on this in this document, although it seems a bit old.

It also addresses the point that changes will be made to the Higher course since it is seen as the most difficult Higher.

#9 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 06:39 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone else also feel that the AH PPA's are not related to the work we do in class? huh.gif

#10 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(ally @ Sep 3 2004, 06:39 PM)
Is it just me, or does anyone else also feel that the AH PPA's are not related to the work we do in class?  huh.gif

View Post

they relate a lot to your course and are not irrelevant though the aspirin ones are given the info u have to know for medicines

u mustn have covered much yet

#11 Daniel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:38 PM

yea, you do all PPA's, but only one write up needs to be submitted.

Its good to know all the PPA's incase - which it probabely is - like the Higher exam, where a certain proportian of marks in exam are from PPA's.

Hope that makes sense :S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users