Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Information - HSN forum

Information

25 replies to this topic

#1 milnedaniel

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 02:34 PM

[SIZE=7][COLOR=blue][FONT=Arial] laugh.gif HI, I have just began my higher accounting course, i have never sat accouting before so it is a crash higher, is this a difficult higher to get? and is there any websites i could get notes for it? please give me some information about it. Thanks

#2 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 02:50 PM

its not the easiest subject

u will find there is very little resources directly for sqa accounts

#3 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:06 PM

I sat H Accounts as a crash higher along with bout 13 other ppl, ALL of us got and A!!! Its not that hard

I have a website with all the course materials..... www.bized.ac.uk

this website has course notes for those at school, college, uni etc on all Business Subjects...hope this helps

Shandogg
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#4 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:10 PM

i didnt find H acoounts n finance hard as i done standard grade. the exam was pretty easy because it was really predictable.

this year its even a different course - its just accounts. im thinkin of sitting that as it would be another qualification and i would only have to pick up a few topics (some which are from the standard grade course)

#5 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 03:49 PM

No its still Higher Accounting & Finance that its called- its just a different course, the old notes are still very useful as the course hasnt changed much just the exam.
I doing crash higher this year too and one of my friends sat it last year and got an A!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#6 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, i mite sit the exam aswell this year (even tho i got an A) so i've got 'Higher accounting & finance' and 'Higher Accounts'. Hopefully it should bring in some topics i haven't done for a few years such as club accounts.

#7 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:00 AM

Its still accounting & finance! How do I know ? I'm sitting it. They have squashed one of the units partly into the other two, although most of that unit has gone! The exam has changed the course has changed and yes it does count as another qualifiaction but it has the same tite! I'm doing the Financial accounting bit at the moment and our NAB is coming up in November!

#8 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 02:26 PM

Hmm,

I've looked into this a little and I think the course has changed name. The new arrangements document for 2004/5 onwards calls the course Higher Accounting (even though it was from the Accounting & Finance section of the SQA site!)

The course has been changed following a review; now there are two 60-hour units, Financial Accounting and Management Accounting. I'm not familiar with the subject, so beyond that I don't know tongue.gif

#9 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 07:46 PM

Yep thats right but UCAS calls it Accounting & Finance as does the new course book we got out which was written for the new course!

They r the correct units.

#10 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:24 PM

no need 2 go off on one louise, it's just a name.

(Higher Accounting that is)

#11 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:27 PM

wee bit of a debate goin on here!!

#12 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

yea, they prob will change the name so u can distinguish (that spelt rite?) between 'accounting' and 'accounting and finance'

#13 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:25 PM

Its Higher Accouting.

They are still doing Accouting and Finace as well, I think. I was meant to be doing my NAB tomorrow for it but after being attacked on Thursday night I'll do it later on in the week.

#14 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:28 PM

hey mEN, HaVe U VOTed IN My polL yet?

#15 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:32 PM

I was studying Int 2. Accounts but I changed to Higher because Int 2. and Higher are practically the same except that the Higher exam is harder and may ask you a few things that aren't really covered in Int 2. However, for the most part Int 2. and Higher are the same (our teacher even gives us the same notes for the two levels)!

It seems to be becoming a more popular subject!

#16 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:36 PM

i think that 2 do really well, u do really need 2 do s-grade as there is so much 2 learn.

#17 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:44 PM

Last year it was manageable tho cos you could predict which topics would come up and so there was less to study.
The PA report for the 2004 exam doesn't seem to have been published yet tho sad.gif

#18 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:53 PM

I'm doing crash higher and I've just been predicted at an A. I hope I get it though.

#19 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(strosek911 @ Oct 11 2004, 04:36 PM)
i think that 2 do really well, u do really need 2 do s-grade as there is so much 2 learn.

View Post

nah, I think u are totally wrong here....u dont need SG....how do I know??!

There was about 9-12 ppl(i think) in my class doin crash H Accounting n Finance, NONE OF US HAD DONE SG and we ALL GOT As in the prelim and external exam! so I doubt very much that u need to have done SG to do well

Shandogg
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#20 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:31 PM

you see i would agree with you but at my school they didn't allow anyone to crash accounts unless we agreed to take 2 columns of the stuff (that by the way is 11 periods) which would mean 1 day a week i would spend 3 periods solely on accounts

Obviously i didn't go for that in the end i choose In2 graphics until i was offered a place on AH physics at another school oh and another free column biggrin.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users