Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Holidays - HSN forum - Page 2

Holidays

77 replies to this topic

#21 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:45 PM

Don't believe the TV ads for holiday destinations...have you seen the oban one? its sooo lame...the ad makes it look more boring than it actully is...and that;s sayin somethin

£45,000 that could have been spent elsewhere mad.gif

#22 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:10 AM

just got news that i'm tking away a few members of my squadron away paracuting in holland, great news! i think i'm also going away to a alot of camps. i'm away again this weekend to gliding and shotting with 10 cadets. just been away on drill comp, was great but my cadets weren't entered but hey we sat and laughed at elgin! ;-)
gizmo
x
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#23 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(cc100 @ May 16 2006, 11:56 PM) View Post

QUOTE(miss macleod @ May 16 2006, 09:25 PM) View Post

Och you lucky people. smile.gif

I'm not going anywhere I don't think. I have no money. But I'm quite happy staying in Scotland wink.gif

Aww don't be sad, people! I had the most amazing day in LARGS the other day... as long as you're spending time with great people, it doesn't matter where you are! You could put my mates and I in a windowless cell and we'd still manage to have fun somehow laugh.gif

I'm actually quite happy with staying in Scotland be honest! I'll be going away up to Lewis and Skye and will spend a lot of time in the Black Isle probably which is always cool. Aye your right about spending time with people thing. smile.gif

I've only ever been abroad twice unsure.gif - South Africa and Korea. It is my plan to go back South Africa next summer with a group of people I know...and good thing is I don't need to pay for it! Also, there is the chance I get to go to Alabama next year at some time too, because we host some Alabamians who come to stay every year and they have invited a group of us to go and stay with them. Yay! biggrin.gif

#24 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:24 PM

Holidays are rubbish Dave? What's bad about good weather, sun, pools, beaches, waterparks, watersports, bars, discos, exploring a new place, shopping etc. Fun stuff =]

#25 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(xkarenx @ May 25 2006, 07:24 PM) View Post

Holidays are rubbish Dave? What's bad about good weather, sun, pools, beaches, waterparks, watersports, bars, discos, exploring a new place, shopping etc. Fun stuff =]

well, if you choose Oban as a holiday destination (and don't get me wrong, many people do), then you can score off at least 8 of the things you mentioned on that list tongue.gif

#26 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:56 PM

Im going to Majorca in August. With 17 members of my family - boy, won't that be fun? sad.gif huh.gif dry.gif

#27 Blondie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Computers, space, drawing, music, pirates, ice cream, writing, sewing, etc etc.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:17 PM

Houston! Won a competition to spend 10 days there or so. Sooo excited. 3 months away! Hehe...
-Blondie.

Whoa, I actually have something to put down here!

Crafting Journal!

#28 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:18 PM

congrats.

#29 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(Blondie @ May 25 2006, 11:17 PM) View Post

Houston! Won a competition to spend 10 days there or so. Sooo excited. 3 months away! Hehe...

I went in January!! Wooooo biggrin.gif

It will be the best experience of your life so far. Absolutely amazing. smile.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#30 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:23 PM

I think the furthest I'm going is T-in-the-park but I'm not complaining.

#31 Blondie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Computers, space, drawing, music, pirates, ice cream, writing, sewing, etc etc.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ May 25 2006, 11:23 PM) View Post

I think the furthest I'm going is T-in-the-park but I'm not complaining.

If the wind's blowing right, I can hear it in my back garden. Oh yeah. cool.gif
-Blondie.

Whoa, I actually have something to put down here!

Crafting Journal!

#32 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:55 AM

I'm going to Zambia for a month this year to see all of my family who live out there and to see my boyfriend so im really really excited i've only got 31 days to go!!!! woohoo roll of 26th june!!

xx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#33 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

going to Dublin in July for my future sister-in-laws hen weekend! cant wait, shall be utterly fantastic! biggrin.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#34 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:13 PM

I'm going to Amsterdam on the 26th and Kyiv on the 27th. I'm staying in Ukraine until January 6th and I'll be visiting the Carpathians whilst I'm there. biggrin.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#35 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:43 PM

I'm jealous.
I'm going to Dundee around the 27th. Yay. Not.

#36 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:00 AM

Going to Zambia again next year hopefully if i can save up the cash from working by butt off at pizza hut!! lol it's a crap job but i love it lol xxxx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#37 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

Wonder what you will be doing in Amsterdam

#38 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Dec 1 2006, 01:13 PM) View Post

I'm going to Amsterdam on the 26th and Kyiv on the 27th. I'm staying in Ukraine until January 6th and I'll be visiting the Carpathians whilst I'm there. biggrin.gif

Nice one mate!

As a student, where the hell do you get the cash to afford this? sad.gif The Carpathians are supposed to be stunning from what I've heard.

#39 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Dec 2 2006, 12:25 PM) View Post

Wonder what you will be doing in Amsterdam

Don't have long there - only getting to go for a bit because there is a long changeover time between my flights. Just going to wander around and see what's going on I think.

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Dec 2 2006, 03:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(bred @ Dec 1 2006, 01:13 PM) View Post

Nice one mate!

As a student, where the hell do you get the cash to afford this? sad.gif The Carpathians are supposed to be stunning from what I've heard.

I live quite cheaply most of the time (well Edinburgh isn't a cheap city, but I honestly don't spend that much) and I won't have to pay for accomodation in Kyiv because I'm staying with someone I know there. The flights were £229 in all so not too bad. I haven't had a job since I was in America but that paid for itself.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#40 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Dec 2 2006, 06:24 PM) View Post

I live quite cheaply most of the time (well Edinburgh isn't a cheap city, but I honestly don't spend that much) and I won't have to pay for accomodation in Kyiv because I'm staying with someone I know there. The flights were £229 in all so not too bad. I haven't had a job since I was in America but that paid for itself.

Ah well, this is all good! Need to give us some photos when you get back!

Any idea what the weather will be like in Kiev? Should be fairly cold I'd imagine, although I guess it's closer to the Black Sea than some of the central/eastern european countries, if that'll majorly affect climate?

Wish I was going, would love to see Kiev. So much mixing of cultures...I'd imagine the architecture will be quite immense! Old Russian-empire style stuff, Polish empire, modernism, neo-classical Soviet style, etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users