Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Woohoo It's Over :) - HSN forum - Page 2

Woohoo It's Over :)

43 replies to this topic

#21 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:06 PM

did anyone else reject the proposal or was it just me ? lol tongue.gif

everyone ive spoke to said that privately run treatment centres should be involved in the nhs.
Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#22 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:15 PM

I recommended it, so did everybody i spoke to after the exam.
Grrrrrr!!

#23 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:17 PM

lol i suck tongue.gif

#24 ScotlandGirl

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:19 PM

I recommended it too but it's not a big deal, you don't get any marks for just choosing one or the other! It's what you backed your point up with that counts.

#25 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, as long as your reasons for choosing it are valid and help to back it up then youll be fine dont worry!
Grrrrrr!!

#26 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(x_Claire_x @ May 15 2006, 03:06 PM) View Post

did anyone else reject the proposal or was it just me ? lol tongue.gif

everyone ive spoke to said that privately run treatment centres should be involved in the nhs.

I rejected it! cool.gif It doesn't matter which one you choose though, it's your justification that counts. smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#27 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:26 PM

lol we rock tongue.gif hopefully i get a gd enough mark on this paper since my paper 1 was kinda bad lol

#28 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:49 PM

The evaluating questions were easy I thought. For made up BK knowledge, find a health site with lotsa stuff on it and no search button. If they do look, they won't be bothered to try find it that way :]

#29 Gill

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:26 PM

so glad it's over, no more modern studies! (since i wont be resitting if i fail!)

i recommended the proposal, couldn't find enough to reject it, lol, i think my DME should be ok, hopefully!

#30 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:07 PM

No more modern studies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#31 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(loved-up-loon @ May 15 2006, 05:07 PM) View Post

No more modern studies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

Well, for some - i felt the same after the exam before realising Im taking AH next year!
All or Nothing.

#32 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

No way am I doing AH, i struggled enough with higher!
Grrrrrr!!

#33 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

my school aren't doing advanced next year

#34 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

Paper went OK for me today. Paper 1 wasn't too bad, but I wasn't impressed with the China questions and did the America ones instead. Did the healthcare DME and argued for the private treatment centres as well. Can't remember much BK I used, but I wrote a bit about fundholding hospitals under the Tories etc. and, of course, those good old principles of the NHS. smile.gif
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabará ciego.
~Gandhi~

#35 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

Mine don't do AH either

#36 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:04 PM

Nope mine either.
Grrrrrr!!

#37 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:59 PM

W00t!! go us!!

biggrin.gif

#38 Lucia

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:amateur genealogist/family historian

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:30 PM

I thought it was a good paper so hopefully I got a good mark but I suck at memorising statistics and people's names so I might not have put enough information in with the answers. I liked the questions on voting systems and voting behaviour and health but I found the ethnic minorities ones harder - I had a bit of a blank.

The DME went OK I think. At least I managed to finish it because I usually don't. I think I rambled on a bit with that. I think I did the evaluation questions really badly.

Hopefully I did alright. I'm just hoping for a B. I don't think I did as well as I did in the prelim.

#39 ShadowsWake

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:41 PM

I thought the paper was REALLY reasonable, in comparison to the previous year especially. I think we were so lucky to get a paper like this just before they change the content of the course. However, the ones on Internation Issues were significantly more difficult, especially for South Africa. But I think I did ok. I answered:

- Apart from the media, what are the main influences on Voting Behaviour in the UK? (Wrong wording?)
- There are fairer voting systems than First Past The Post. Discuss.
- What evidence is there of health inequalities in the UK? (Godsend!)
- What are the main features of the South African political system?
- To what extend have the South African Government dealt successfully with two of the following:

Education;
Housing;
Land Ownership.

I thought they were pretty reasonable, and I thought the DME was too! Good luck everybody!

#40 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(ShadowsWake @ May 16 2006, 08:41 PM) View Post

- What evidence is there of health inequalities in the UK? (Godsend!)

Aww....tell me about it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users